PIREP needed - Cessna Groups

Old June 28th 05, 05:04 AM
tony roberts

Default PIREP needed - Cessna Groups

I am active in the forums in Cessnaowners.
They used to be quite active - since they redesigned the site they take
a while to load and posting volumes have decreased significantly.
They do let visitors into the forums though - the site is generally well
laid out and it looks like a good group.
Negative - I emailed them 2 weeks ago and am still waiting for a
response.

Cessnapilots - looks like their main competition.
Site looks good but they don't let visitors in the forums so it's hard
to evaluate them prior to joining.

Tonight I found Cessnaflyer.
Forums seem quite inactive. Lots of hype on the website but as a visitor
didn't find anything od substance.

So - anyone a member of any of these organisations?
Can you give us a PIREP?

Thanks

Tony

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL
Old June 28th 05, 05:55 AM
Mike Adams

tony roberts wrote:

I am active in the forums in Cessnaowners.
They used to be quite active - since they redesigned the site they take
a while to load and posting volumes have decreased significantly.
They do let visitors into the forums though - the site is generally well
laid out and it looks like a good group.
Negative - I emailed them 2 weeks ago and am still waiting for a
response.

Cessnapilots - looks like their main competition.
Site looks good but they don't let visitors in the forums so it's hard
to evaluate them prior to joining.

Tonight I found Cessnaflyer.
Forums seem quite inactive. Lots of hype on the website but as a visitor
didn't find anything od substance.

So - anyone a member of any of these organisations?
Can you give us a PIREP?

Thanks

Tony

I have no experience with the other two, but I have been a member of CPA for the last six months or so,
and their forums are very active and helpful. Lots of good information and knowledgeable people. The
forums are split up by aircraft type and other topics, and you can subscribe to any of interest which then
provides an emailed digest every day. The 182 forum easily averages several dozen messages every
day - too much to read all of it actually.

Hope this helps,
Mike
Old June 28th 05, 12:05 PM
Dan Luke

"tony roberts" wrote:
So - anyone a member of any of these organisations?
Can you give us a PIREP?

CPA is the real deal. The others are minor league.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM