Anyone still flying gyrocopters?

Old July 11th 03, 03:52 PM
Mark Hickey

Barnyard BOb -- wrote:

It's all I can do to remember my "N" number
inscribed on the instrument panel in BIG letters.

You may have to trade up (?) to an RV-6 so you can take someone along
to remind you soon...

Mark Hickey
Old July 12th 03, 05:52 AM
Barnyard BOb --

Mark Hickey wrote:

Barnyard BOb -- wrote:

It's all I can do to remember my "N" number
inscribed on the instrument panel in BIG letters.

You may have to trade up (?) to an RV-6 so you can take someone along
to remind you soon...

Mark Hickey

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You bet.
Trading up is the answer!
Especially, since my hangar rent just DOUBLED.

This would cut my costs...
PER SEAT MILE
to what I'm already paying.

Following this logic --
If I acquire an RV-10....
I can cut my costs in half again.
Nothing like pricing costs based on a per seat mile basis.
When flying gets far too expensive for the family budget,
just add a few seats to make it, once again, affordable.

Barnyard BOb -- figures can lie and liars can figure

Old July 12th 03, 06:41 PM
Big John

BOb

How much longer before you just build your own hanger? Or get your own
grass strip and to he** with bean counters.

Big John
Older than you

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:52:28 -0500, Barnyard BOb --

Old July 12th 03, 06:53 PM
Larry Smith

"Barnyard BOb --" wrote in message

Mark Hickey wrote:

Barnyard BOb -- wrote:

It's all I can do to remember my "N" number
inscribed on the instrument panel in BIG letters.

You may have to trade up (?) to an RV-6 so you can take someone along
to remind you soon...

Mark Hickey

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You bet.
Trading up is the answer!
Especially, since my hangar rent just DOUBLED.

Maybe they want you out. Potbellied ol' curmudgeon.

Move to Pahrump or Beebers, ND. Hangar rent is cheap there and curmudgeons
are plentiful.

Deming, NM?

This would cut my costs...
PER SEAT MILE
to what I'm already paying.

Whine, whine, whine.

Old July 12th 03, 08:39 PM
Jean-Paul Roy

better be an old guy than a young ****,,,,,,,,,lollllllllllll
"Model Flyer" a écrit dans le message news:

"Bob Martin" wrote in message
Well, I don't think that the gyro is that old. A year ago he was

doing taxi
tests up and down the taxiway between hangar rows without rotor

blades. I
want to say that he's about 55-60, but I could be wrong. As my dad

said the
other day, that gyro of his is "like a mosquito... all it's good

for is
making noise." And whenever he does fly it, it's only for a few

circuits
around the pattern.

I'm a bit bothered about this, Old guy, at 54 I don't feel like and
'old guy', do I become an 'old guy' on my next birthday?
--

.
--

Antispam trap in place

"Wooduuuward" wrote in message
Must be a good design if he's an old guy. Do you know which
manufacterer / model it is?

Old July 13th 03, 01:21 AM
Barnyard BOb --

BOb

How much longer before you just build your own hanger? Or get your own
grass strip and to he** with bean counters.

Big John
Older than you

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NEVER!!!!!

One cannot build one's own hangar at 3GV.
When the airport corporation sees fit, they build
and sell new hangars. The last ones went for
$45,000 and the monthly maintenance fee
recently went up to $190 a month... for now.
Makes no sense to me to put a $25,000 plane
in a $45,000 hangar and pay a maintenance
fee of $190 to boot.

OTOH....
With your kind of money maybe you are
prepared to buy the necessary acreage in
the sticks for your own strip, but I find that
I have no desire to mow grass if somebody
gave me the land. My buddy about 60 miles
away, did just what you suggested. He had to
buy 100 acres to start and had a boat load of
trouble with the Army Corp of Engineers when
he started to cut trees and blade off the land.
After a couple of years, he had well over
$300,000 in the project plus he still needed
to build living quarters with attached hangar.
His outlay has passed .5 million and all he has
is an old C-721 and a new Kitfox IV, but this
was his dream and now it's fulfilled. I'm happy
for him, of course, but this is not for me.

The practical thing for me to do is...
bide my time until I can find an owner of a small
T hangar that wants to bail out. Problem is,
there are lots of sharks waiting to snap them up
and then go into the $170 to $200 a month slum
lord hangar rental business. I've got the word out that
I'm looking to buy one of these 35 year old pole barn
relics, but they sell fast and it's just a matter of luck
and being in the right place at the right time to get one....
then being prepared to put a roof on and who knows
what else.

Barnyard BOb

Old July 13th 03, 01:42 AM
Big John

BOb

I was thinking about a strip 50 yards wide and 2500 ft long on the
edge of some farmers pasture. Put up what you call a pole barn hanger.
Either sell or let the farmer cut the cover for feed.

Would probably have to fly out to get fuel but that could be handled.

Is there land adjacent to airport that could be purchased to build T
Hangers? If so you might go into business and get a free ride or even
make gas money?

Keep the A/C on. It's getting hotter every day.

Big John

Old July 13th 03, 02:34 AM
dann mann

So he has a hundred acres, private airstrip. new home miscellaneous
stuff for half a million bucks? That barely buys you a starter home here
in San Diego and your neighbors are literally within arms length.
Where is this place he lives?

Old July 13th 03, 03:11 AM
Big John

Dann

I didn't mention that a new $800,000 house just went up across the
street from my adobe hovel. It's hell to be poor.

Big John