A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

ASW-19 Maximum Weight

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 16th 18, 07:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

Default ASW-19 Maximum Weight

On Monday, October 15, 2018 at 11:16:27 PM UTC-7, Ouroboros wrote:
Dan: That makes sense. Thanks. We will definitely be looking for excess weight in the tail. Any idea where one might put such weight?

Michael: I see the TN on Schliechers website, but the TCDS says that the max weight without water is the same for both ASW-19 and ASW-19b, so I don't think that will help me.

Tom: Yes. This glider has a standard certificate. I find it hard to believe that a mistake like that could remain unchanged for so many years!

It just might be a typo by the issuing FSDO (805 vs 895).

Tom