Off to Reno!

Old September 14th 04, 02:08 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Off to Reno!

Well, maybe.

IF everything holds together (weather, the hotel, the kids, the plane) we'll
be departing for Reno tomorrow morning at O-dark-thirty...

1291 nautical miles of trans-continental delight, followed by the fastest
motor sport in the world!

Anyone else going?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 14th 04, 05:25 PM
Cecil Chapman

TOO COOL!!!!!! Have a blast, Jay!!!! Living in San Francisco, my wife and
I make the trek over to Reno at least a couple of times a year (if not
more). I've never flown there, though I'm going to change that after
getting a few tips from my new instructor on flying the route - I've only
flown and landed as far as Truckee.

Be sure to take lots of pictures and post 'em somewhere so we can go see
'em!

Have LOTS of fun!!!!!

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL-IA
Student - CP-ASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

Old September 14th 04, 06:00 PM
pickle

Jay Honeck wrote:

Well, maybe.

IF everything holds together (weather, the hotel, the kids, the plane) we'll
be departing for Reno tomorrow morning at O-dark-thirty...

1291 nautical miles of trans-continental delight, followed by the fastest
motor sport in the world!

Anyone else going?

My last trip to Reno was a bust. No one flew the entire week. Not one
aircraft left the ground. Lots of anticipation, planning and money all
for naught. Our flight landed and we got to our hotel September 10, 2001.
I guess a lot of people had a much worse day the next day.
Have to put it all in perspective.