Does anyone know of any good pilot shops near Atlanta?

Old November 20th 07, 01:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
es330td

Default Does anyone know of any good pilot shops near Atlanta?

I'm based out of KAHN (Athens, GA.) My Dad is coming in tonight for
Thanksgiving and asked me to find a good pilot shop to which we can
go. He'll have access to the 172 in which I fly so we can fly to get
to one. I found the one at KPDK but I didn't know if there are any
other good ones within an hour or two of flight time to which we can
go.
Old November 21st 07, 03:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kyle Boatright

"es330td" wrote in message
I'm based out of KAHN (Athens, GA.) My Dad is coming in tonight for
Thanksgiving and asked me to find a good pilot shop to which we can
go. He'll have access to the 172 in which I fly so we can fly to get
to one. I found the one at KPDK but I didn't know if there are any
other good ones within an hour or two of flight time to which we can
go.

Aircraft Spruce East is located at Falcon Field in Peachtree City, GA and
has a nice pilot shop. You can buy maps, headsets, t-shirts, foggles, GPS's,
etc. The assortment of kitschy stuff is smaller than at the pilot shop at
PDK, but the assortment of useful or educational items is far better.

Aircraft Spruce is open until 4:00 on Saturdays, if I remember correctly.

Regarding PDK, I don't enjoy going there. First, there is a ramp fee, even
if you only park for 30 minutes. Second, PDK has the most extensive
security practices I've seen at an airport without scheduled flights. It is
worse than most small airports *with* scheduled flights.

PDK also has the most expensive fuel (by far) I've ever seen.

Old November 26th 07, 03:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
es330td

On Nov 20, 10:37 pm, "Kyle Boatright" wrote:
"es330td" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks for the info. We did end up flying down to visit Aircraft
Spruce and visited KPDK as well. The $20 landing fee sucked. I can't
see myself going there too often. We just parked near Epps and ate at
The Downwind Lounge and then flew home.