F-22 Lies

Old January 14th 04, 06:26 PM
Alan Minyard

On 14 Jan 2004 07:21:21 -0800, (robert arndt) wrote:

"Thomas Schoene" wrote in message ink.net...
robert arndt wrote:
http://www.pogo.org/p/defense/do-000812-f22.htm

Why yes, POGO has been known to lie on ocasion.

Compared to Lockheed-Martin/Boeing and the USAF, that's nothing!

Not what I'd call a great
source.

It's not the source that I'm pointing to, just the subject matter
which makes a hell of a lot of good old common sense. We were promised
something that is a LIE and face it- it needs to be accepted at face
value.

And Colonel Riccioni is far from unbiased.

The Col. paints an accurate picture and is well respected.

Rob

p.s. IMO (which is well known concerning this program) the F-22 is no
Raptor, it's a huge money-pit that we taxpayers are forced to accept.
Some of us don't accept such obscene wastes of money lightly. Every
year I keep hoping the F-22 will get the budget axe.
As for the F-35 Griffin (the most popular name so far & rumored to be
the best candidate for official title), well that's OK. A true
multi-service aircraft with excellent export potential able to perform
a variety of missions and less expensive overall. The F-22 by
comparison is a single service dog that has had to be redefined from
dedicated air-superiority(F-22) to multirole(F/A-22) and now (with
more people questioning the wisdom of purchasing both the F-22 and
F-35) all sorts of proposals are coming in: naval F-22, dedicated
strike F-22, and ridiculous bomber FB-22.
Get rid of it, it's a piece of crap anyway. R&D is fine, Threat
Analysis is fine, but wasting taxpayers money on a $150-200 mil per
unit aircraft is insane.
Europe can produce a rival at $75 mil and Russia $50 mil.

It seems our own little nazi will believe anything that denigrates the US

Al Minyard
Old January 14th 04, 06:35 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Alan Minyard" wrote in message
On 14 Jan 2004 07:21:21 -0800, (robert arndt) wrote:

It seems our own little nazi will believe anything that denigrates the US

Now this irony is fantastic.

Real boats rock.

Old January 14th 04, 06:41 PM
Krztalizer

It seems our own little nazi will believe anything that denigrates the US

Every time I type something about the WWII German air force, I imagine that
folks are reading it, thinking the same thing about me. I would have
volunteered to kill each of the Nazi leadership with a fork if the opportunity
presented itself, as my wife is Jewish and my children are half Jewish, and
just on general principles. Still, I am drawn to the study of our former
enemy's aviation achievements, largely in spite of the Nazis, not because of
them.

For the same reasons, I was once quite interested in Soviet aviation. But the
level of propaganda surrounding the subject, and the loons that crow fiercely
about how supposedly superior everything Russian is supposed to be, has really
turned me off to the subject.
v/r
Gordon
====(A+C====
USN SAR

Donate your memories - write a note on the back and send your old photos to a
reputable museum, don't take them with you when you're gone.

Old January 14th 04, 06:43 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Krztalizer" wrote in message

It seems our own little nazi will believe anything that denigrates the US

Every time I type something about the WWII German air force, I imagine

that
folks are reading it, thinking the same thing about me. I would have
volunteered to kill each of the Nazi leadership with a fork if the

opportunity
presented itself, as my wife is Jewish and my children are half Jewish,

Oh my, half Jews.

You should have a talk with your wife, about such anti-semitic speach.

Old January 14th 04, 06:59 PM
Krztalizer

Oh my, half Jews.

You should have a talk with your wife, about such anti-semitic speach.

No, Tarver, I didn't call my kids "half jews", but thanks for the word twist.

as my wife is Jewish and my children are half Jewish,

Since my wife's family says our kids are "half Jewish", I think I am allowed to
say the same thing. I'd discuss it with my wife, but she'll just make
additional comments about the density of the folks I talk to online.

Gordon
Old January 14th 04, 07:31 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Krztalizer" wrote in message

Oh my, half Jews.

You should have a talk with your wife, about such anti-semitic speach.

No, Tarver, I didn't call my kids "half jews", but thanks for the word

twist.

Yes you did, the children are either Jewish, or they are not.

You sound like a NAZI, with your "relocation law" references.

Old January 14th 04, 07:58 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Krztalizer" wrote in message

It seems our own little nazi will believe anything that denigrates the US

Every time I type something about the WWII German air force, I imagine

that
folks are reading it, thinking the same thing about me. I would have
volunteered to kill each of the Nazi leadership with a fork if the

opportunity
presented itself, as my wife is Jewish and my children are half Jewish,

and
just on general principles. Still, I am drawn to the study of our former
enemy's aviation achievements, largely in spite of the Nazis, not because

of
them.

Gordon, trust me--you are not in the same league as Arndt. You don't
presuppose that all developments with a Germanic origin are de facto
superior to any other similar products, you have not reached the startling
conclusion that the "majority" of Americans are "German-Americans", nor do
you go to idiotic extremes to claim a germanic origin for everything
developed since the wheel (and Arndt will likely claim that as a Teutonic
achievement as well. In fact, most of your posts are pretty well worded and
well supported, except for that time you claimed armor has no role in the
urban fight...but we'll forgive that as a momentary lapse...

For the same reasons, I was once quite interested in Soviet aviation. But

the
level of propaganda surrounding the subject, and the loons that crow

fiercely
about how supposedly superior everything Russian is supposed to be, has

really
turned me off to the subject.

The Russians have quite a lot to be proud of in terms of their aviation
acheivements, but like you I have found that the subject has been
opverwhelmed by a few of thier more vocal proponents who have an apparent
inferiority complex that compels them to exaggerate their accomplishments in
a generally vain effort to convince us that they remain on the very
forefront of the field despite ample evidence otherwise.

Brooks

Old January 14th 04, 08:06 PM
Kyle Boatright

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"Krztalizer" wrote in message

Oh my, half Jews.

You should have a talk with your wife, about such anti-semitic speach.

No, Tarver, I didn't call my kids "half jews", but thanks for the word

twist.

Yes you did, the children are either Jewish, or they are not.

You sound like a NAZI, with your "relocation law" references.

Congratulations, John. I think you've reached a new low.

Old January 14th 04, 08:13 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"Krztalizer" wrote in message

Oh my, half Jews.

You should have a talk with your wife, about such anti-semitic

speach.

No, Tarver, I didn't call my kids "half jews", but thanks for the word

twist.

Yes you did, the children are either Jewish, or they are not.

You sound like a NAZI, with your "relocation law" references.

Congratulations, John. I think you've reached a new low.

My oldest daughter is a Jew, Krztalizer needs to clean up his hate speach.

There is no such thing as half Jewish.

Old January 14th 04, 09:02 PM
Magnus Redin

Hi!

robert arndt wrote:
As for the F-35 Griffin (the most popular name so far & rumored to be
the best candidate for official title), well that's OK.

Has Saab:s JAS 39 Gripen given you so much inspiration?

A true multi-service aircraft with excellent export potential able
to perform a variety of missions and less expensive overall.

And you are also inspired by Saab:s salesmen. :-)

Seriously, is F-35 designed with the same kind of multi role thinking
as Gripen? I know that F-35 is three major versions in one, Gripen has
no naval or VTOL version. What I would like to know is if F-35 will
switch between fighter, attack and recionnance missions as fast as the
stores can be changed or during a single mission.

and ridiculous bomber FB-22. Get rid of it, it's a piece of crap
anyway.

What is rediculous about it? Seems reasonable compared with F-15E and
F-111. And reusing the F-22 avionics and a lot of the mechanical
design as the F16-XL did compred with the F-16 should save a lot of
money. The alternatives if you need more heavy attack aircraft or
bombers should be to restart B-2 production or design a new one from
scratch and both alternatives are expensive.

Best regards,
--
Titta gärna på http://www.lysator.liu.se/~redin och kommentera min
politiska sida.