The Aviator

Old December 30th 04, 12:50 AM
Rosspilot

Default The Aviator

I went to see it yesterday. I thought it was actually pretty good, and thought
DeCaprio pulled off a believable Hughes.

The flying sequences seemed a little hokey, and the crash scenes were typical
Hollywood crap, but for 3 hours, it goes by quickly.

www.Rosspilot.com

Old December 30th 04, 03:28 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Rosspilot wrote:

I went to see it yesterday.

Thanks for the review.

George Patterson
The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.
Old December 30th 04, 12:37 PM
Cub Driver

I agree. I was happily surprised at how good it was, and how little I
objected to the boy-man star.

Old December 30th 04, 12:51 PM
Cub Driver

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 04:02:26 GMT, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:

Lufthansa to survive the war. (They didn't fly
again until the late 1950s)

In 1958 I was working at The Overseas Weekly, which had its offices on
the second story of the Frankfurt Press Club. (Which no doubt was war
booty of some sort.) A lot of the members of the Press Club were
American pilots flying for Lufthansa.

Someone told me that the deal was that Boeing or Douglas sold the
airplanes to LH complete with air crews.

(Good point about the film and the war. There was little sense that
WWII was actually happening, save as a possible market for Hughes
Aircraft. I doubt that was true even in Hollywood.)

Old December 30th 04, 02:01 PM

Did the ending bother anybody else? We have a rough idea of how it
should end, but after sitting there for three hours I thought they may
as well show it.

Old December 30th 04, 03:33 PM
C J Campbell

"Rosspilot" wrote in message
I went to see it yesterday. I thought it was actually pretty good, and

thought
DeCaprio pulled off a believable Hughes.

The flying sequences seemed a little hokey, and the crash scenes were

typical
Hollywood crap, but for 3 hours, it goes by quickly.

Oddly enough, this movie is not even playing at our local theatre. I will
have to go to Poulsbo or someplace to see it.

Old December 31st 04, 12:52 AM
Dave

Agreed!...

I enjoyed it!

A little "Hokey" (aka - "Hollywood" ) at times...

One crash scene (with the twin) was rediculous... but
probably impressed non "aviators"

But worth the ticket...

Dave

Old December 31st 04, 05:42 AM
Pilot22a

I saw it and I thought that the DeCaprio was just a little bit too
effeminate to play a guy like Hughes.

V.V. Utgoff Naval Aviator QDurham Military Aviation 1 March 14th 11 01:49 AM
"The Aviator" Orval Fairbairn General Aviation 13 February 22nd 05 03:25 AM
THE AVIATOR Roger Long Piloting 12 November 3rd 04 11:16 AM
DC headset, Yeasu Aviator Pro, Softcom intercom, Navaire Light, E6B, For Sale davnos Piloting 1 November 14th 03 07:49 AM
FS: Yaesu VXA-100 "Aviator Pilot" Alkaline Battery Case, $20 obo Jaysen Underhill General Aviation 0 September 3rd 03 05:35 AM