samll plane noise

Old August 11th 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default samll plane noise

And lawn mowers, leaf blowers, chain saws, kids on little
motor-bikes, adults on H-D with straight pipes, drunk women
arguing about their boyfriends, rap music (?) that shakes
the foundations of the houses two streets away, ice cream
trucks playing that tune.

The FAA does regulate aircraft noise as part of aircraft
certification. Perhaps you should move out of the Bat
area.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

"daffy" wrote in message
oups.com...
| The Bay Area is plagued by small plane noise. I can't go
outside
| without hearing the droneing sound. From afar, it is like
some sort
| of low frequency noise, as the plane gets closer, it is
very
| irritating.
|
| The FAA should regulate the noise levels of these planes
before
| they become a real nusance, and private aircraft will be
completly

Old August 11th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Barney Rubble

You should move, the airplanes and airports where there before you were, so
get used to it or **** off.

Old August 11th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley[_1_]

"daffy" wrote in message
oups.com...
The Bay Area is plagued by small plane noise.

Face it, civilization is loud. The more you head towards the centers of
civilization (big cities) the louder it gets. You are simply trying to
change the world into the 'vision' you have. If you want the benefits of
civilization, you have to live with the drawbacks.

There are similar arguments made against off-road vehicles. People 'want
their peace and quiet' and complain the off-roaders are taking that away.
Sorry, you are still too close to civilization.

If you don't want to hear the civilized world, head toward central Africa.

Old August 11th 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Skylune[_1_]

You can move far away from an airfield, and some anonymous bureacrat can
decide to create an "acro-box" right over your home. This is what
happened to the poor folks in Groton, Ma, which is not close to an
airfield.

The only safe place to be is in a narrow valley, otherwise you are a
potential victim.

Old August 11th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

"daffy" wrote in message
oups.com...
The Bay Area is plagued by small plane noise. I can't go outside
without hearing the droneing sound. From afar, it is like some sort
of low frequency noise, as the plane gets closer, it is very
irritating.

The FAA should regulate the noise levels of these planes before
they become a real nusance, and private aircraft will be completly
banned.

I like the sound of airplanes!!! But I dislike the sounds of a whining
humans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old August 12th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Gideon

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:24:25 -0700, NW_Pilot wrote:

I like the sound of airplanes!!!

We're on a common departure route from KTEB (heading towards the SBJ VOR,
I believe). Because of traffic to/from KEWR, the small jets out of KTEB
are often held to about 2000' until around my town.

Some people complain. Others enjoy the occasional push out of the
airport. Most recognize that it's the price to be paid for (1) proximity
to multiple convenient airports and (2) civilization.

My 1-year-old, upon hearing any plane, looks for it in the sky and points
it out.

My 4-year-old is fascinated by the weird concept that these airplanes'
engines have their propellers on the inside.

The residents close in to KTEB do complain somewhat. But that airport has
been there longer than they - or their parents, in many cases - have been
alive. In fact, those towns postdate the airport.

Personally, were I in charge of the airport I'd offer a "what if" month.
For one month, no employees from those towns would be paid. No local
shopping would occur. No local restaurants would be used. No local goods
or services whatsoever.

- Andrew

Old August 12th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Terry[_1_]

daffy wrote:
The Bay Area is plagued by small plane noise. I can't go outside
without hearing the droneing sound. From afar, it is like some sort
of low frequency noise, as the plane gets closer, it is very
irritating.

The FAA should regulate the noise levels of these planes before
they become a real nusance, and private aircraft will be completly
banned.

Does anyone know if the "Samll" is in the sport pilot category? And if
so, who is the manufacturer? :--)
Old August 12th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Crash Lander[_1_]

"daffy" wrote in message
oups.com...
The Bay Area is plagued by small plane noise. I can't go outside
without hearing the droneing sound. From afar, it is like some sort
of low frequency noise, as the plane gets closer, it is very
irritating.

The FAA should regulate the noise levels of these planes before
they become a real nusance, and private aircraft will be completly
banned.

You obviously didn't research the area you live in all that well before you
moved there? How long have you lived there? I wouldn't mind betting that the
airfields were there before you were. You could just move!
Crash Lander