Epic LT

Old September 9th 05, 09:57 PM
Darkwing \(Badass\)

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
oups.com...
I thought I remember the article saying that they are going through
certification or has gone through certification. I'll dig it up
tomorrow. If they need money, I'll buy a few shares. I bet many
others will also, I think they have a very good product.

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

Lots of companies plan to certify their aircraft, but it is a very
expensive and time consuming process. Ask the folks at Eclipse or the
folks who have the push me pull you twin and a jet version of the same
airframe. Unless you're very well funded, certification is a huge barrier
to entering the GA market.

Just wait until China decides to build "certified" aircraft. I deal with
Chinese built automotive stuff daily, it is ****.

Dw

Old September 10th 05, 02:56 PM
Flyingmonk

I guess you have never heard of the Yaks and the Chinese made Migs, not
as bad as one might guess.

Old September 10th 05, 02:57 PM
Flyingmonk

Sure is expensive : ^). Too much for by blood, but maybe one day...

Old September 11th 05, 03:17 AM
George Patterson

Darkwing (Badass) wrote:

I deal with
Chinese built automotive stuff daily, it is ****.

I deal with Chinese-built carpentry tools daily, and they're not.

George Patterson
Old September 11th 05, 04:01 AM
Flyingmonk

Some things made in china are decent, some are not. The SCUDD missiles
wre not, the AK rounds worked find. Most things they make are a 'good
bang for the buck', no pun intended. They have proven to have made
decent aircrafts, although most, if not all are Russian copies,
including the SCUDD missile and the AK 47.

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

Old September 11th 05, 04:10 AM
W P Dixon

I have no problems with my Chinese SKS, which by the way has 5,10,20,30,and
40 round mags. Alot of states require a 5 round mag for hunting.I don't use
mine for hunting. Winchester Model 70 for that Just don't buy Chinese
tools The quality there may have gotten better, but maybe, so has a
Chrysler Won't buy either!

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

Old September 11th 05, 05:58 AM
Flyingmonk

Your SKS takes detachable mags? Did you convert it to accept AK mags
or do the mags have that 2/12" thing hanging out in front? I heard
that once converted, they had feeding problems.

I had a Colt CAR-15 - "a shorty M-16, but semi mode only w/ telescoping
stock and shorter barrel", but for some reason, it fired in bursts when
I use one of the old mags. It fires fine with new mags. I sold it
later when I got an offer I couldn't refuse on it. That was long time
ago when I didn't know the value of a Colt. All I can find now are
copies for the price I got for mine.

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

Old September 11th 05, 06:25 AM
W P Dixon

Yep,
The mags have that funky part on the front! It will unload a 40 round
banana like there is no tommorrow! They actually make mags for the SKS and
have for a longggg time. No need to try to convert to an Ak setup. Slower to
put another mag in versus an AK-47, but for the money you put in an SKS a
very effective weapon. Mine is complete with spike bayonet....it keeps the
neighbors kids in their own backyard! I much prefer the AK-47 to any
M-16. M-16 is a great target rifle, very accurate even when stock. But it's
problem is it is made to well.
The AK's advantage is loose fitting parts, the Colt has close tolerance
parts. That's why the AK-47 can get dropped in a mud puddle and come out
firing, and the Colt gets alittle dirt in it and it jams. So you take that
into account as well as the rounds for the Ak and SKS are so dern
cheap,...really hard to beat them. My son has an Albanian and Yugoslavian
made SKS, and I must say they are even better made than the Chinese. But
bang for the buck, can't be beat !

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

Old September 11th 05, 05:47 PM
Darkwing \(Badass\)

"George Patterson" wrote in message
Darkwing (Badass) wrote:

I deal with Chinese built automotive stuff daily, it is ****.

I deal with Chinese-built carpentry tools daily, and they're not.

George Patterson

Well probably most of the electronics in my house are made in China but I
guess the difference would be the automotive stuff is designed and made by a
Chinese company to sell to other companies/end user, the electronics are
designed outside of China and the QC is much higher since it is made for a
multi-national company (Sony, Panasonic, Microsoft etc.).

DW

Old September 11th 05, 11:43 PM
Matt Barrow

Darkwing (Badass) wrote:

I deal with
Chinese built automotive stuff daily, it is ****.

I deal with Chinese-built carpentry tools daily, and they're not.

My sub-contractors do, daily and extensively, and they are.

--
Matt