"pleasant" Soaring video on youtube??

Old February 17th 11, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default "pleasant" Soaring video on youtube??

Hey guys, I need your help. Someone asked me if there was a video on
the internet that would show them a little about the sport of
Soaring . Guys, I need your input….and thanks in advance. I honestly
do not surf the you tube site and don’t know of any off hand. I have
seen the one with the parachutist and the Blanik…that’s not what I’m
looking for! Does anyone know of a relatively short pleasant Soaring
video on the internet? Crashes are really cool to watch and I get a
kick out of the landings at Caesar Creek and the crashes way back
when.. in Marfa..but I really need something to refer to that will
showcase the positive aspects of the sport? Thanks so much…Jayne
Old February 17th 11, 06:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Alpha Eight

Try these three...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1WEX2CxId4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw4gE2fcd4Y

This one is made up of stills but really captures the fun of a great
club! I even like the German score...

http://www.ssa.org/sport/VideoGaller...asp?VideoID=54

John Seaborn - A8
Old February 17th 11, 08:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Northern Man[_2_]

Crashes are really cool to watch and ... the crashes way back
when...

Pervert.

NM

Old February 17th 11, 08:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

On Feb 17, 9:18*am, wrote:
Hey guys, I need your help. Someone asked me if there was a video on
the internet that would show them a little about the sport of
Soaring . Guys, I need your input….and thanks in advance. I honestly
do not surf the you tube site and don’t know of any off hand. I have
seen the one with the parachutist and the Blanik…that’s not what I’m
looking for! *Does anyone know of a relatively short pleasant Soaring
video on the internet? Crashes are really cool to watch and I get a
kick out of the landings at Caesar Creek and the crashes way back
when.. in Marfa..but I really need something to refer to that will
showcase the positive aspects of the sport? *Thanks so much…Jayne

Under 7 minutes. I took my son up for a ride in a G103

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nDi1JvxwmM
Old February 17th 11, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Smith

My favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTR93Hf9gjI
No explanations, just gliding. And the music is right, too.
Old February 17th 11, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob 7U

Try doing a search on Vimeo.com.
They seem to have 'better quality' to choose from

Bob 7U

Old February 17th 11, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
gen

This is my favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD-ZIILtI2I

The music and editing is great. It is pleasant to watch but may be
somewhat misleading to a newcomer to this sports (at least in the US).

-Gen

Old February 17th 11, 10:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Gardner

On Feb 17, 5:18*pm, wrote:
Hey guys, I need your help. Someone asked me if there was a video on
the internet that would show them a little about the sport of
Soaring . Guys, I need your input….and thanks in advance. I honestly
do not surf the you tube site and don’t know of any off hand. I have
seen the one with the parachutist and the Blanik…that’s not what I’m
looking for! *Does anyone know of a relatively short pleasant Soaring
video on the internet? Crashes are really cool to watch and I get a
kick out of the landings at Caesar Creek and the crashes way back
when.. in Marfa..but I really need something to refer to that will
showcase the positive aspects of the sport? *Thanks so much…Jayne

There's no single video that captures it all, which ones are best
depends on what the specific audience fancies. Most of the youtube
videos below have HD versions, if you bother turn it on.

A good "what is gliding intro" (captions are in English)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYTK0vVUrUM

The birds fly with us: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JQqOFdbxQk

Serene beauty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4sVn9LlSTY

Ridge running: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=021klVZcHuk
(everything by "balleka" is good, including "cloud surfing in a
747-200

Adrenaline (spinning): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKWuS_jLFHE

Adrenaline (serious aerobatics) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyBpbcEsXas

Old February 17th 11, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Ash

In article
,
wrote:

Hey guys, I need your help. Someone asked me if there was a video on
the internet that would show them a little about the sport of
Soaring . Guys, I need your inputŠ.and thanks in advance. I honestly
do not surf the you tube site and don¹t know of any off hand. I have
seen the one with the parachutist and the BlanikŠthat¹s not what I¹m
looking for! Does anyone know of a relatively short pleasant Soaring
video on the internet? Crashes are really cool to watch and I get a
kick out of the landings at Caesar Creek and the crashes way back
when.. in Marfa..but I really need something to refer to that will
showcase the positive aspects of the sport? Thanks so muchŠJayne

I have a few posted on YouTube. Not as good as many, but I think they
capture some of the simple joy fairly well:

http://www.youtube.com/mikeash47#p/u

Lots of plain old circling, relaxing, looking at birds, etc., and less
of the exciting stuff a lot of videos tend to concentrate on.

I'd say this is the best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZGeeYFO3HY

I think encountering birds in their element and sharing the day with
them is one of the best ways to get people interested in soaring (and
one of the best things about doing it, too!).

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth
Old February 18th 11, 01:58 AM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Crashes are not cool. Here is a link to what I consider to be the best gliding video ever. Just my humble opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlXDTFhCG9w

Walt