Parowan Hotels

Old June 26th 04, 02:35 AM
BPattonsoa

Default Parowan Hotels

Looks like the Sports next year is going to be sold out. So for those of us
who haven't been, how about some rating on the Hotels in the area. Karl put up
a list on the website, but some of those looked "interesting".

Bruce Patton

Old June 28th 04, 07:28 AM
BGMIFF

Bruce

I just came back from Reg. 9 and will try to answer your question. most of
the places that KS posted are nice and clean, and very close to the field.
They are not your 5 star establishments, but then Parowan is in the middle
of the high dessert country, so what can we expect. I will say that the
B&B's in the area are nice and worth the money.I would have stayed in one of
them, but they were all full! I stayed in Cedar City at a Hampton Inn. Nice
place, and I was sharing with someone, so it worked out fine. Cedar is only
about a 15 minute drive, as the speed limit is 75. We found a nice little
diner in Parowan, and Spratt and the boys were there every morning. Going
back to the rooms for a minute, the Swiss Village you can see from the
field, and was comfortable as I stayed there the first night, but I had to
move out as I was only booked there one night and they were full up. I had
no problem with the Cedar City plan, some more people may want to try that
next year!

Brian Glick
Mifflin

Old June 28th 04, 05:17 PM
Paul M. Cordell

If you are considering driving to Cedar City, also look into Cedar Break
Lodge @ the Brians Head Ski area. It's about the same 15 minute drive.
It is a 1st class resort with 2 restaurants, Room Service and a Bar.
The Full Service Spa is also a great amenity

Old June 29th 04, 04:15 AM
Andy Blackburn

I stayed at the Victorian Rose Inn. It is an historic
building and has been totally redone, complete with
kitchen and separate living room if you need it - very
nice. It is 3 minutes from the airport and next to
the Parowan Cafe for breakfast.

Don't forget that Zion and Bryce Canyon are both easy
day trips from Parowan, so bring the whole family!

9B

At 20:06 28 June 2004, Andy Durbin wrote:
(BPattonsoa) wrote in message news:...
Looks like the Sports next year is going to be sold
out. So for those of us
who haven't been, how about some rating on the Hotels
in the area. Karl put up
a list on the website, but some of those looked 'interesting'.

Bruce Patton

Swiss Vilage Inn is close to the field, has large rooms,
and prices
similar to the other options. It didn't have cable
TV and I missed
the weather channel. The pool is small but seemed
clean. The spa was
green. I have stayed there twice, once for a ski trip
and once for
last week's contest. The property seems to be for
sale so it may not
be available next year. I heard it was to be a home
for wayward girls
but apparently not the same sort as the ones in Nevada.

Andy