CAP T182T Crash on Nov. 8

Old January 25th 08, 10:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default CAP T182T Crash on Nov. 8

On Jan 24, 10:48 pm, "Dan Luke" wrote:
wrote:
Relax, G1000 Boy.

From the beginning I said the evidence was anecdotal.

Um...no.

From the beginning, you said it was "apparently a regular occurence."

Then you weaseled back to admitting it was only in one (alleged) airplane.

And I have my doubts about that, since you incorrectly named the backup
instruments in a G1000 182.

Even Anthony would know better than that.

Can't you find Cessna's web site?

Go enjoy your G1000. I'm plenty happy with a 6 pack and a 430 WAAS.

You're referring to the Sporty's poster on your wall, no doubt.

Enjoy.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

You're right... I'll fess up.

I spend too much time in an A36 Bonanza. I avoid the dump truck 182
that burns the same amount of fuel to go 30% slower.

Dan
Old January 25th 08, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Jan 24, 5:40*pm, (Ron Lee) wrote:

I suspect that many of those you cite with supposedly greater
judgement who died are in fact people with more hours and training but
seriousdy screwed up judgement that killed them.

That description does not apply to Ed Lewis. He was a superior pilot
with superior judgement. I'm not sure what exactely led up to the
decision to return early that night but if Ed decided to go I would
say most pilot would have gone. A lot of pilots say they have certain
limits but most fudge them when the situation is just right. That
should give us all pause.

-Robert
Old January 25th 08, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
girmann

Bertie, Where is it!?!?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air_E...37-86N/1246657

On Jan 24, 8:38*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

you should see aht we have for standby!

The newer generation of 737's and what not have one compined stby thing
with tiny little gauges. I don't think I'd like to be stuck with them in
a dark cockpit.

Bertie- Hide quoted text -

Old January 25th 08, 07:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_22_]

girmann wrote in news:31496bbb-f56c-4e25-b3ca-
:

Bertie, Where is it!?!?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air_E...37-86N/1246657

If i'm not mistaken, it's the little square just to the right of the
captain's screen.

How it works, I have no idea. It's everything you need in one, though,
including the ILS.
The RMI underneath would be providing all of your azimuth info and would
give you a VOR or ADF as well.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1066120/L/

The Standby stuff in this is al lined up underneath the Standby Horizon.
underneath that is the Standby ASI and under that the Standby Altimeter.
All of that woul dbe integrated into that one instrument on the new 73.
The ILS on the 757 is superimposed on the standby horizon which is a bit
strange since it looks the same as a flight director but is just a standard
winshield wiper type ILS display. Very ifficult to shake the temptation to
use it as a FD. I've only used it in anger in the sim, of course..

Bertie