Falcon 4 internet connection problem

Old December 6th 05, 10:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Default Falcon 4 internet connection problem

A friend and I are having difficulty connecting to each other in multiplayer
in Falcon 4.

We both have the same build of the software (unpatched).

He is connected to the internet directly, I am trying to connect using a
gateway connection and a direct connection with no luck.

Both of us are running XP, additional firewalls to XP's own are turned off,
the game has been 'unblocked' by XP's firewall, IP addresses are correct
etc.

Any pointers appreciated.

Binky.

Not really sure why we can't see each other. LAN multiplayer works fine.

Old December 7th 05, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Binky wrote:
A friend and I are having difficulty connecting to each other in multiplayer
in Falcon 4.

We both have the same build of the software (unpatched).

That would be the problem, I believe (unless you're running Allied
Force?). You should try getting one of the third-party ones currently
available (FreeFalcon 3 or SP 4.2). Try www.frugalsworld.com and go to
the forums. It's a pretty big Falcon community; someone should be able
to answer your question and help you with the install.
Old December 7th 05, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Binky wrote:
A friend and I are having difficulty connecting to each other in
multiplayer in Falcon 4.

We both have the same build of the software (unpatched).

That would be the problem, I believe (unless you're running Allied
Force?). You should try getting one of the third-party ones currently
available (FreeFalcon 3 or SP 4.2). Try www.frugalsworld.com and go to
the forums. It's a pretty big Falcon community; someone should be able to
answer your question and help you with the install.

Should have been more specific. It's the Falcon 4:Allied Force (the newer
one) not Falcon 4 original.

I have patched to v1.0.3 today but my friend is having difficulty doing the
same. It maybe the case that the problem lies at his end. Thanks for link,
I'll have a look around there.

Old December 7th 05, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Binky escribió:
A friend and I are having difficulty connecting to each other in multiplayer
in Falcon 4.

We both have the same build of the software (unpatched).

He is connected to the internet directly, I am trying to connect using a
gateway connection and a direct connection with no luck.

Both of us are running XP, additional firewalls to XP's own are turned off,
the game has been 'unblocked' by XP's firewall, IP addresses are correct
etc.

Any pointers appreciated.

Binky.

Not really sure why we can't see each other. LAN multiplayer works fine.

If you are using Falcon 4.0 from Microprose you should use the command
line option "-IP ###.###.###.###" (replace the hashes with the apropiate
number) in the PC connecting through a gateway.

The PC using the gateway has a local IP (a private one) and the gateway
has a public (internet) IP. Thus, the Falcon running in the PC behind
the gateway is sending it's IP (the private one) and the other PC can't
find it (because it's not an internet IP).

The command line option explained tells the Falcon software to use that
IP instead of the local one, solving the connection problem.
Old December 8th 05, 11:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

"Juanjo (sevilla)" wrote in message
Binky escribió:
[...]

Sorry, I should have been more accurate - it's Falcon 4: Allied Force by
Lead Pursuit

Old December 8th 05, 12:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

"Binky" wrote in message

Sorry, I should have been more accurate - it's Falcon 4: Allied

Force by
Lead Pursuit

You need to upgrade. AFAIK the release version had buggy
multiplayer, and it was improved dramaticaly for 1.03.

TVirta

Old December 8th 05, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Sorry, I should have been more accurate - it's Falcon 4: Allied

Force by
Lead Pursuit

You need to upgrade. AFAIK the release version had buggy
multiplayer, and it was improved dramaticaly for 1.03.

TVirta

Thanks. I have managed to do it, but my friend has suffered the same
problems as others with the patch failing using both the auto install
program and the exe file itself. Maybe this will cure our woes!