The 777 crash - another theory

Old January 23rd 08, 05:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
D Ramapriya

Default The 777 crash - another theory

On Jan 23, 7:45 am, Jules
wrote:
It is certainly significant if BA says they will be looking into it.
Perhaps they are lunatics?

Myopic for any investigator - forensic, medical, accident, etc. - to
disregard anything within the ambit of possibilities.

How is it on Airbus? On some I was told maintenance is always in the
loop. And if anything goes wrong a report is datalinked right away.
Perhaps mr airbus will shed some light on this???

Capt. Doug, if he still posts here, could tell. I know he flies an
A320 and is one of this ng's more readable posters.

Ramapriya
Old January 23rd 08, 05:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
muff528

"Rich Ahrens" wrote in message
ouse.com...
D Ramapriya wrote:
Here's an intriguing take on what might have caused the 777's engine
to shut down. A dramatic pic of the moment of impact included...
http://thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article711639.ece

Ah, The Sun. An always reliable source of information...

I see that page 3 still has some interesting stuff.

TP

Old January 23rd 08, 05:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_22_]

"LWG" wrote in
:

It's only a matter of hours before they connect the crash to Global
Warming and George Bush.

The Sun? It's a Murdoch paper, isn't it? They don't do that!

they just do Page three.

The Sun will probably have it tied into "Diana´s murder" and Maddie´s
kidnapping by the end of the week.

Bertie

Old January 23rd 08, 05:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_22_]

Thomas Borchert wrote in
:

Bertie,

Leave him alone, he just forgot his question mark?

Hmm, what am I missing here!

Different thread, same character.

Bertie
Old January 23rd 08, 06:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_22_]

"ManhattanMan" wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
On Jan 22, 5:33 pm, Thomas Borchert
wrote:
D,

Here's an intriguing take on what might have caused the 777's
engine to shut down.

Oh, one more thing: We don't know the engines "shut down" as you put
it. As you seem to care a great deal about aircraft safety, why not
try some accuracy?

Leave him alone, he just forgot his question mark?

Hey, comon, cut the guy some slack. Here he's come up with a
perfectly plausable solution, and you guys can't accept it.

I can accept it, that isn't the issue.

Bertie
Old January 23rd 08, 06:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_22_]

Jules wrote in news:yAslj.12132
:

Don't take it personal, it is sop in this newsgroup to pick away at
people; like crows, with a roadside carcass.

Who's picking away at anyone? It's not his idea, he said so.

Bertie
Old January 23rd 08, 06:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_22_]

Jules wrote in
:

I don't see anything wrong with his posting that link.

If your excuse is, 'his other sins, on other occasions', then you owe
him an apology.

But the article post was appreciated my me, and perhaps, me alone

The sun is perhaps the biggest asswipe of a newspaper I've ever seen.

People who read it and believe anything in it should be disqualified form
voting. Especially in a country that has nuclear weapons and a habit of
embarking on idiotic military adventures.

Bertie

Old January 23rd 08, 06:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_22_]

Jules wrote in news:OZylj.2341
:

Jules wrote:

Which Airbus' do you fly?

What I also meant to ask is...

and can any data links or phone patchs be ground initiated?

No.
We can get the phone signal in the headset IF the phone is real close and
it can fire of xponder responses, period.

Bertie