ASW20 tail tank mod

Old February 21st 04, 08:01 AM
goneill

Default ASW20 tail tank mod

I want to have a tailtank in my ASW20 and I have heard there is one.
Where would I get the paperwork and plans for the mod.
gary

Old February 21st 04, 02:37 PM
JJ Sinclair

Where would I get the paperwork and plans for the mod.
gary

John Murray at Eastern Sailplanes had a kit at one time. Finding the solenoid
switch may be a problem, but I think it is the same as a 12 volt lawn sprinkler
set-up. 6 quart for about 12 lbs. is about right. I would do a proper W&B after
installation and remember to dump it along with the wing water.
JJ Sinclair
Old February 21st 04, 02:42 PM
JJ Sinclair

Oops, John can be found at
JJ Sinclair
Old February 21st 04, 05:22 PM
goneill

With my weight ! )))I don't think it will matter much if the tailtank
will not empty.
One of our guys with a Discus fills the tailtank even without water
in the wings,he has done a W&B and he is ok with
this amount of weight in the tail.
Saves his partners having to put lead in the cockpit.
gary

Old February 21st 04, 06:16 PM
Bob Korves

I think it is a better idea to add lead to the tail to put the c.g. where
you want it without water ballast in the wings. Then use your tail tank to
counteract the water in the wings only. In this way you can drain the wings
and the tail and still have the c.g. where you want it. Draining partial
water in the tail and trying to guess at how much remains is inaccurate and
unsafe, especially when trying to keep the c.g. near the aft limit.
-Bob Korves

Yo! Fuel Tank! Veeduber Home Built 15 October 25th 03 02:57 AM
AH64 tail rotor CivetOne Rotorcraft 3 October 23rd 03 07:18 PM
Long-range Spitfires and daylight Bomber Command raids (was: #1 Jet of World War II) The Revolution Will Not Be Televised Military Aviation 20 August 27th 03 09:14 AM
Oshkosh Get together Roster - Sign in, please! Bruce E. Butts Piloting 1 July 26th 03 11:34 AM
The prone postion for tail gunners versus turrets. The Enlightenment Military Aviation 8 July 22nd 03 11:01 PM