Headset recommendation

Old August 11th 07, 04:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave[_3_]

Default Headset recommendation

Well

......now that you mention it..

The light green DCs stay much cooler if (by mistake) left in the
sun...

Dave

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:15:45 +0200, Thomas Borchert
wrote:

Dave,

Got a DC X11 and a Bose, compared them "side by each"........

Color. You forgot that...

Old August 11th 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave[_3_]

Hmmm.. good idea...
Dave

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 03:31:34 GMT, Tom L.
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 00:10:50 -0300, Dave

DC had a problem with the ANR failing if ANY leakage through the Ear
seals while wearing glasses, the Bose less so...

Dave

Dave,
Have you tried DC's "Stop Gap, Eyeglass Temple Cushion",
Model Number: 12500G-02
According to DC: "Helps to seal openings that may result from temple
pieces on glasses."

You can find it he
http://www.davidclark.com/HeadsetPgs/accessry.htm

I'm curious if that helps. I've been thinking about X11s and also wear
glasses. Although, after recent postings, I might decide to try
Clarity Aloft instead.

- Tom

Old August 11th 07, 05:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Russ and/or Martha Oppenheim

Thanks to everyone for your recommendations and advice. I decided to go
with the Bose X, and ordered a set today.

Martha

"Russ and/or Martha Oppenheim" wrote in message
I've decided to upgrade my old Telex headset, and have narrowed my choices
to the Bose X or the David Clark X11. Any comments, positive or negative,
about either of these two headsets? Thanks.

Martha

Old August 11th 07, 09:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Dave,

The light green DCs stay much cooler if (by mistake) left in the
sun...

And if the passengers vomit on it, it barely shows on the green gd&r

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old August 12th 07, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Margy Natalie

Morgans wrote:
"Margy Natalie" wrote

Never bought a Bose, sorry. We do have a pair of Lightspeeds, one of
which is now in the back seat.

Ahh, there I go again, relying on my memory, or lack there of. It was the
Lightspeeds that I remember you, or I guess Ron coming back with, while you
were showing me and a couple of other people your newly finished redone
Navion. Nice.

Everything still doing well on the plane? Any new toys or additions?

Thank goodness the only new addition is the headset. We did have to fly
to Lancaster, PA today to pick up the plane after leaving her there last
Sunday on our way back from the Boston area. The plane was flying
great, but the weather was less than desirable (T-storms) so, a week
long rental car and we are whole again. One of the GREAT things about
my job is my boss sort of understood when I said I might bug out of work
at any moment to get my plane (didn't happen as Saturday turned out to
be the best time) and didn't mind. Of course his boss (a former
Harrier, F-4, etc. pilot) when he found out I had left the plane said
"take whatever time you need to go get it". It is sort of wonderful
knowing you have a job that you really could call in on Monday morning
and say "I hit bad weather" and they would say "well, good thing you
stopped".

Margy
Old August 12th 07, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jon Kraus

I have the Bose X and DC H20-10XL(model before the X11). no question
the Bose is better. but ya pay more for it too.. You'd be happy with
either choice... Good luck...

Old August 13th 07, 05:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
tony roberts

Hi Jim

I found the DC's to be more comfortable - they stayed put - the Bose
kept slipping and I had to keep sliding them back into position.

The D C's clarity was superior when listening to transmissions,

The DC's appeared to be much more robust - I had the impression that
they would stand up better,

And after winning all of those areas - they were almost $300.00 less.

Tony
C-GICE

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL

I'm curious. You seem to be going against the stream, by not picking the
Bose.

What are the qualities that make you choose this way?

Old August 14th 07, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave[_1_]

Hmmmmm..

Can't fault your logic Tom!

Dave

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 10:36:53 +0200, Thomas Borchert
wrote:

Dave,

The light green DCs stay much cooler if (by mistake) left in the
sun...

And if the passengers vomit on it, it barely shows on the green gd&r

Need 12v Outlet Recommendation Kyle Boatright Home Built 5 July 28th 07 04:42 PM
HSI Recommendation? randall g Owning 6 June 13th 07 09:22 PM
ELT Recommendation Dean Owning 3 April 26th 06 09:08 AM
Headset recommendation (Lightspeed L1 and LightFlight Mach 1) Gerald Sylvester Piloting 0 October 27th 05 06:12 AM
ASW 20 Recommendation? Eric Greenwell Soaring 1 August 11th 03 06:56 AM