A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Looking for HP14 Plans

Old August 8th 18, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Looking for HP14 Plans

Does anyone out there have a set of hp14 plans gathering dust in some back corner of your garage or hangar? I could sure use them to help in a restoration project. I would buy them or pay to have them scanned or pay for shipping postage from anywhere .
Thanks, Dan
Old August 8th 18, 08:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Smith
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, August 8, 2018 at 8:39:55 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Does anyone out there have a set of hp14 plans gathering dust in some back corner of your garage or hangar? I could sure use them to help in a restoration project. I would buy them or pay to have them scanned or pay for shipping postage from anywhere .
Thanks, Dan

All of Schreder's papers were donated to the National Air & Space Museum. If they had been, as promised, given to the National Soaring Museum, I'm sure they could have helped you (though since I'm now retired from the NSM, I don't speak for them). If all else fails, try contacting Russ Lee at the NASM.
Old August 8th 18, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, August 8, 2018 at 12:23:35 PM UTC-7, Peter Smith wrote:
On Wednesday, August 8, 2018 at 8:39:55 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Thanks, Dan

All of Schreder's papers were donated to the National Air & Space Museum. If they had been, as promised, given to the National Soaring Museum, I'm sure they could have helped you (though since I'm now retired from the NSM, I don't speak for them). If all else fails, try contacting Russ Lee at the NASM.

Wayne Paul in Idaho may be able to help you. His HP centered website is at this link. http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/

Old August 8th 18, 10:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, August 8, 2018 at 5:39:55 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Does anyone out there have a set of hp14 plans...

I have the plans masters, but lately it has cost more to have them printed than I sold them for, so I ended up taking a loss on the last couple of sets.

Also, the plans sets I have masters for is a mix of the HP-14 and HP-14T drawings, and are not entirely complete for either version. That said, they are still an invaluable reference for repairs or rebuilds.

If I can get three orders to process all at the same time, the volume discount I get for large blueprint orders would put me in the black on it at the old $180/set price.

--Bob K.