Another pilot lost......

Old April 6th 05, 08:57 AM
Ralph Snart

Default Another pilot lost......

http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs....504050301/1002

--
----
www.captainredneck.com

Old April 6th 05, 12:04 PM
Denny

Ya never know... Eat desert first...

Old April 6th 05, 05:41 PM
Jim Burns

"Denny" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ya never know... Eat desert first...

....and fly fast.

Jim

Old April 6th 05, 06:45 PM
George Patterson

Ralph Snart wrote:
http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs....504050301/1002

and, shortly, another airport lost.

George Patterson
Whosoever bloweth not his own horn, the same shall remain unblown.
Old April 7th 05, 12:18 AM
Ralph Snart

----
www.captainredneck.com

"George Patterson" wrote in message
Ralph Snart wrote:
http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs....504050301/1002

and, shortly, another airport lost.

George Patterson

Unfortunately, you're right, Claire McMillen was seeking somebody to
purchase his share of the airport to keep it open, but now that he's out of
the way, the airport will probably become another subdivision of Fort
Collins within the next 5 years. It's a pity, 3V5 has the small airport
charm, but people want the land to build more subdivisions, more Wal-Marts,
more, more, more - yet they don't care one bit about GA. Just last year,
one of the women in my subdivision was upset that her house is in the path
of airplanes landing. She's afraid an airplane will 'fall' out of the sky
and kill her children (The largest plane is twin engine prop planes - no
jets on this small airstrip). Also, terrorists may use an airplane to spray
Antrax over the city - I'm not making this up.

Fellow aviators, we are an endangered species.....

Old April 7th 05, 12:23 AM

Ralph Snart wrote:
Also, terrorists may use an airplane to spray
Antrax over the city - I'm not making this up.

Whenever I hear this, I remind the hysterical person that terrorist
can more effectively distribute anthrax using a Ford Explorer and an
electric fan.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old April 7th 05, 03:12 AM
Matt Barrow

wrote in message
oups.com...

Ralph Snart wrote:
Also, terrorists may use an airplane to spray
Antrax over the city - I'm not making this up.

Whenever I hear this, I remind the hysterical person that terrorist
can more effectively distribute anthrax using a Ford Explorer and an
electric fan.

I always thought Ford Exploders were dangerous, but I had no idea...

Hey, they got Firestone tires on those Explorers?

--
Matt
---------------------

Old April 11th 05, 10:13 PM
Doodybutch

The NTSB report is not posted but I expect this will be yet another
testimonial to the crappy safety record of light twins when you have engine
trouble on takeoff.

You can summarize it as:

Lose an engine on takeoff in a light twin = you're probably dead. It
doesn't matter how many hours you have.

DB

Old April 14th 05, 09:32 AM
Roger

On 6 Apr 2005 04:04:09 -0700, "Denny" wrote:

Ya never know... Eat desert first...

I do! That's why my doctor complains about my triglicerides, blood
pressure, and all that other good stuff that comes from enjoying your
self.

Roger(K8RI)

Roger
Old April 28th 05, 10:51 PM

I didn't see anything in that link about the Baron losing an engine on
takeoff, although there's probably a good chance that's what happened.
I was taught to be spring-loaded for an aborted takeoff in a twin if
either of the engines burped on the takeoff roll. I wouldn't just
assume you'll die in such a situation - Isn't "resignation" one of the
hazardous attitudes the FAA teaches?

Will