Tugs

Old May 4th 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Tugs

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good tug for a Twin Comanche? I see there are
some companies out there that make them... but if anyone has their
personal experience they want to share, i'd like to hear it... if you
can provide a link to their website it would be even better!

-dr

Old May 4th 06, 12:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Jim Burns wrote:
PowerTow works great for our Aztec
Jim

I too am happy with my powertow.

John

Old May 4th 06, 03:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

I bought a used electric golf car and mounted a hitch front and back.
It works great, is easy to control speed, quiet and also can run around
the airport grounds. I use it for a C310 and it has plenty of low end
torque to do the job.

Brian

Old May 4th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Power Tow EZ40 moves my twin nicely...

denny

Old May 4th 06, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Would you recommend the electric version or the gas version. We're in
eastern Canada and the winters can get chilly... i've seen people at
the airport with these powertow tugs trying to get them started... the
electric one would seem to be start a lot easier.... any thoughts?

Old May 4th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

We own an older 110v electric corded model. We bought it used and cheap.
The cord doesn't bother us but tire chains are not available for this model
because... the company says.... the increased torque that would be required
if chains were installed would burn out the electric motor... hmm... dunno.

Chains are available for the gas powered models. I know of several Bonanza
owners who have no problems starting their relatively new PowerTows.

Jim

oups.com...

Old May 5th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

I would think the torque required with chains would be the same torque
required on dry pavement without chains. Could the manufacturer be pulling
your chain?

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
We own an older 110v electric corded model. We bought it used and cheap.
The cord doesn't bother us but tire chains are not available for this
model
because... the company says.... the increased torque that would be
required
if chains were installed would burn out the electric motor... hmm...
dunno.

Chains are available for the gas powered models. I know of several
Bonanza
owners who have no problems starting their relatively new PowerTows.

Jim

oups.com...

Old May 5th 06, 05:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

I have an electric one that i used for my twin comanche before buying a
cessna 340. It needs a power cord but does a nice job. Email me at
if you are interested.

Aircraft Tugs [email protected] Owning 9 November 29th 05 03:50 AM
Priceless Tugs kojak Owning 0 August 9th 05 10:25 PM
Golf Cart Tugs Ashton Owning 1 September 3rd 04 02:51 PM
Golf Cart Tugs Ashton Owning 0 August 12th 04 03:08 PM
FS Pawnee tugs Robert Danewid Soaring 0 August 9th 03 09:51 AM