Cobra Storage Drawer Question

Old July 12th 04, 11:03 PM
Brian Iten

Default Cobra Storage Drawer Question

I would like to ask the owners of Cobra trailers with
the under trailer storage drawer on the pro's and con's.
Is it worth installing or more of a headache than anything?
Brian
MB1

Old July 13th 04, 12:22 AM
Doug Easton

Brian,

I have the drawer on my cobra and it's great; holds all the one man rigging
gear the tow out bar, tie down stuff plus more. No ground clearance issues.
I can't think of a negative (other than cost). I ordered mine like that from
the factory so I can't comment on how easy it is to install.

Doug (EO)

Old July 13th 04, 05:31 AM
Janus2k

Brian,
Drawer works great on the Cobra. Tow out gear and wing stands fit easier here
than in the front.
Per Doug ground clearance has never been a problem.
Don't know of any con's. Ordered the trailer with the option. Has far the price
is concerned, you are buying a sailplane and the drawer should be an easy
rationalization.
Of course you will fill up all the room you have available.
Mark
2K
Old July 13th 04, 03:10 PM
Bob Salvo

I would like to ask the owners of Cobra trailers with
the under trailer storage drawer on the pro's and con's.
Is it worth installing or more of a headache than anything?

If you take a corner too tightly so that the trailer goes over a curb, you will
destroy the storage drawer.

On a flat surface, if the front of the trailer is raised high enough to make
the back of the trailer come in contact with the ground, the storage drawer
just clears the ground.

Bob
Old July 13th 04, 09:29 PM
Thomas F. Dixon

Brian:
I agree with the other postings. The drawer is a good thing. I have
had it on mylast two trailers. Only had one small smack on the bottom
in an off field retrieve. Hit a rock. Easy fix.

Tom
Idaho