Any idea how much the new Stemme S2 will cost?

Old July 12th 04, 01:57 AM
jorgie

Default Any idea how much the new Stemme S2 will cost?

Just wondering if anyone knows how much the new Stemme S2 will cost?

Have a look at http://www.stemme.de/daten/e/index.html

Thanks

Sean

--
jorgie
- A website for Australian Pilots regardless of when, why, or what they fly -

Old July 12th 04, 02:51 AM
Robertmudd1u

Just wondering if anyone knows how much the new Stemme S2 will cost?

Check the prices of comparable gliders now on the market. Say an ASH-25.
The number I think I see is quite large.

Robert Mudd
Old July 12th 04, 10:40 PM
jorgie

Appears cost will be about 79000 Euros or 135000 Australian Dollars. So
about the same a DG505

Old July 13th 04, 02:37 AM
tango4

"jorgie" wrote in message

Just wondering if anyone knows how much the new Stemme S2 will cost?

Have a look at http://www.stemme.de/daten/e/index.html

Thanks

Sean

--
jorgie
- A website for Australian Pilots regardless of when, why, or what they

fly -

I think I just decided what I'm going to buy next!

Ian

Old July 13th 04, 08:56 AM
Tom and Jane Gilbert

Current price for the DG-505 Orion is 63,350 EUROS... so quite a bit of
difference. The DG-1000S lists at 73,830 EUROS... again less than the
'suggested' Stemme price.

Tom

Old July 13th 04, 06:23 PM
Andreas Maurer

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 01:37:37 +0000 (UTC), "tango4"
wrote:

I think I just decided what I'm going to buy next!

Three years ago (in March 2001), when I asked them when the S2 was
scheduled to fly, the answer was "this summer" (the summer of 2001).

Last year (March 2003), the answer to the same question was "this
fall" (the fall of 2003).

Go figure.

Bye
Andreas
Old July 14th 04, 07:13 AM
tango4

A side by side two seater is just the sort of thing I'm looking for. The
social aspect on one hand and the fact that if I fly with either of my young
children I can get to them in flight is just so attractive. Add to that 1:47
performance, folding wings, and new, composite construction, and it's the
perfect solution. If they were to say they were coming out with a
'traditional' ( ie folding motor in the fuse ) sustainer version I'd send
'em a deposit tomorrow!

I really wish DG and Schempp would come up with optional side-by-side
fuselages for their ships.

Ian

Old July 14th 04, 07:13 AM
jorgie

Mmmmm, more expensive than the DG1000. That's a bit of a problem. I'm
beginning to think that the current crop of 2 seater a/c are perhaps to
expensive. Would this be a fair assumption or are these realistic
prices for what would be basic/advanced trainin a/c?

Old July 14th 04, 07:25 AM
Kizuno

For the same reasons, the new Taurus looks very interesting (their July
newsletter):

http://www.mcp.com.au/sinus/newslett...letter-21.html

Assuming that it shows good reliability, this could be my idea of an ideal
advanced dual XC machine.

Kemp
9J

Old July 14th 04, 07:27 AM