1984 Mooney M20K 231 for sale

Old February 25th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.owning

Default 1984 Mooney M20K 231 for sale

One main advantage of more blades is that you can use more power for
the same prop diameter and construction. Each blade handles a portion
of the total thrust-power. In a two blade there is about 0.5/0.333 - 1
== 50% more stress per blade due to thrust - for same engine power.

Old March 10th 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.owning

Asking price is $149k, located at ISP, NY. Offers of course are welcome.

Old March 10th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.owning

I haven't had any issues with cruise speed being lower than I expect.
Then again, I never owned the plane with a 2 bladed prop, but I cruise
as fast as my friend's 231 with a 2 bladed prop at the same MP.

Old March 10th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.owning

Old March 10th 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.owning

Not ashamed at all:

Full information about the aircraft and tons of pictures are available
at http://www.madness.net/n57568/ (make sure to click through to the
additional pictures, there are 50 of them). My asking price is
$149,000, with all ADs complied with and airworthy items fixed (if
any), delivered, if you want, to your location (negotiable) from mine,
which is ISP, in NY.

It has had over $40,000 in avionics put in since I've owned it, and has
had excellent maintenance (overhauled propeller, overhauled oxygen
system, overhauled HSI, overhauled AI, overhauled boost pump,
calibrated autopilot, new landing gear shock disks and many other new
or overhauled items). Last annual was in TX at Don Maxwell Aviation,
one of the best Mooney shops around.

Any questions after viewing the photos and specs should be directed to
me by email please. The aircraft's useful load is 943 lbs. It has long
range tanks, so if you fill the tanks you can fly for nearly 1600nm.

Vince