Heavy Air Drop

Old February 4th 16, 05:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RiĀ©ardo

Default Heavy Air Drop - 1 attachment

On 04/02/2016 15:02, John Szalay wrote:
"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in
:

On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 15:35:17 +0000, Ri©ardo
wrote:

On 03/02/2016 02:10, Fabian Russell wrote:
Interesting video.

But why aren't the soldiers following?

Because the aircraft will have to do another circuit so that they're
dropped as close to the heavy drop as possible.

Eep. If the bad guys are bad shots, they get a second chance at all
the good guys.

Thats alright , we can always drop a 3/4 ton truck on them..

The driver seems OK, though...

;-)

Ri©ardo

--
Moving Things In Still Pictures
Old February 4th 16, 08:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
john szalay

=

Thats alright , we can always drop a 3/4 ton truck on them..

The driver seems OK, though...

;-)

Ri©ardo

Yep, we lost a 3/4 ton truck and a M-151 jeep that way..

John in Ky
Old February 4th 16, 09:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RiĀ©ardo

On 04/02/2016 19:58, John Szalay wrote:
=

Thats alright , we can always drop a 3/4 ton truck on them..

The driver seems OK, though...

;-)

Ri©ardo

Yep, we lost a 3/4 ton truck and a M-151 jeep that way..

John in Ky

....and when every vehicle is crucial to success, that's lot to lose.

Ri©ardo

--
Moving Things In Still Pictures
Old February 4th 16, 09:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
john szalay

Default Heavy Air Drop - 2 attachments - 1 attachment

Ricardo?= wrote in
:

the Kodak Brownie 127 did have some limitations.

As we know, real life is rather different to the theory situation. Once
you've had air under your boots...

:-)

Ri©ardo

I used an Kodak Instamatic, carried it in an ammo poach.

uh huh
John in Ky

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pathfinder.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	81989
Old February 4th 16, 10:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RiĀ©ardo

On 04/02/2016 20:06, John Szalay wrote:
Ricardo?= wrote in
:

the Kodak Brownie 127 did have some limitations.

As we know, real life is rather different to the theory situation. Once
you've had air under your boots...

:-)

Ri©ardo

I used an Kodak Instamatic, carried it in an ammo poach.

uh huh
John in Ky

I carried my tucked down my smock which enabled me to get the odd
picture like the attached.

The DZ officer was not amused...

:-)

Ri©ardo

--
Moving Things In Still Pictures

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	289155_cr.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	81990
Old February 4th 16, 11:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
john szalay

Default Heavy Air Drop - 2 attachments - 1 attachment - 1 attachment

Ricardo?= wrote in

I carried my tucked down my smock which enabled me to get the odd
picture like the attached.

The DZ officer was not amused...

:-)

Ri©ardo

I think every trooper that ever carried a camera has taken that same
photo. ;-)

Have you seen the new T-11 parachute ? Supposed to have been deployed to
the troops in 2010.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	T-11.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	81991
Old February 5th 16, 01:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jess Lurkin[_10_]

John Szalay john.szalay.at.att.net wrote in
31:

Ricardo?= wrote in

I carried my tucked down my smock which enabled me to get the odd
picture like the attached.

The DZ officer was not amused...

:-)

Ri©ardo

I think every trooper that ever carried a camera has taken that same
photo. ;-)

Have you seen the new T-11 parachute ? Supposed to have been deployed to
the troops in 2010.

Tis been many decades (plural) since my last time of having
"air under my boots". So I know nothing about this 'chute.

I don't like the configuration/shape. Looks too prone to
folding in on itself. I see no thrust cuts. Looks like a
straight drop. But I suppose the Army has put the correct
amount of design and testing into it. And the Army ~never~
has any FUBARS or SNAFUS.

Thanks for posting this John. I will research it for S&grins.

---

Old February 5th 16, 10:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)[_2_]

wrote:

On 03/02/2016 02:10, Fabian Russell wrote:
Interesting video.

But why aren't the soldiers following?

Because the aircraft will have to do another circuit so that they're
dropped as close to the heavy drop as possible.

Eep. If the bad guys are bad shots, they get a second chance at all
the good guys.

Thats alright , we can always drop a 3/4 ton truck on them..

Uh oh.... better get Maaco!
Old February 5th 16, 10:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)[_2_]

On Thu, 04 Feb 2016 09:52:46 -0600, John Szalay
john.szalay.at.att.net wrote:

Ricardo?= wrote in news:-
:

Remember this parachute commercial for the MGB sports car ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIF9ys-hJn0

Here is the result first "take"...

Pffft! A little Bondo® will fix 'er right up!
Old February 5th 16, 12:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RiĀ©ardo

On 04/02/2016 22:19, John Szalay wrote:
Ricardo?= wrote in

I carried my tucked down my smock which enabled me to get the odd
picture like the attached.

The DZ officer was not amused...

:-)

Ri©ardo

I think every trooper that ever carried a camera has taken that same
photo. ;-)

Ah, but did their 'chutes have the patches on them. That's not something
I'd have known if I hadn't taken the picture!

:-)

Have you seen the new T-11 parachute ? Supposed to have been deployed to
the troops in 2010.

No, that's new to me, but it looks pretty sturdy. It's good to the see
the ambulance in the background.

--
Moving Things In Still Pictures

Heavy Heavy Airdrop Byker Aviation Photos 0 February 2nd 16 03:15 AM
A tad heavy? Dan Luke Piloting 11 May 24th 07 12:39 AM
Drop in and say hello Gilan Home Built 0 June 4th 04 05:12 PM
Drop in and say hello Gilan Owning 0 June 4th 04 05:12 PM
Drop in and say hello Gilan Piloting 0 June 4th 04 05:12 PM