No one awards themselves medals.

Old August 20th 04, 09:52 PM
BUFDRVR

ArtKramr wrote:

BTW, what is your real name and why are you hiding it?

I don't post my real name to avoid the hassels that come with that.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old August 20th 04, 09:57 PM
BUFDRVR

Gene Myers wrote:

Well, I am 70 and served in NAM. I also know a lot of folks older
than that who did.

Damn! I thought I had done the math correctly on that one? OK Gene, you've
convinced me, consider the amendment changed to include those between 50 and
75. I'm sorry to crush your candidacy before it got started

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old August 20th 04, 09:59 PM
BUFDRVR

Rick Clark wrote:

Well, I am 70 and served in NAM. I also know a lot of folks older
than that who did.

But Gene, Do you want to be President?
If so, Bufdrvr will write an exclusion for you in his amendment.

Even better! Consider former B-52 crewmembers excluded from the exclusion. I'd
exclude former Thud drivers Ed, but that would be too many people

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old August 20th 04, 11:01 PM
Billy Beck

Ed Rasimus wrote:

Having, in a moment of incredible foolishness, mistakenly run for low
political office in the past (city council and state legislature), I
have now reformed and have no ambitions toward high, medium or low
political office of any kind.

If nominated I will go fishing and if elected I will fail to show up
for work. I promise!

My only sister's husband won election to the village council.
He'd announced his run before Dad died, and, naturally Dad was
appalled and horrified. "A politician... *in the family*!" Scott has
discovered that The Ol'Man was always right, and proposes to reduce
the number of seats in the council by 20%, with his being the first to
go. He's not making just blinding headway on the thing.

"The saddest life is that of a political aspirant under
democracy. His failure is ignominious, and his success is
disgraceful."

(H. L. Mencken, Baltimore Evening Sun, December 9, 1929)

Billy

http://www.two--four.net/weblog.php
Old August 20th 04, 11:06 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message

snip

If nominated I will go fishing and if elected I will fail to show up
for work. I promise!

Ah-ha! So you and Kerry *do* have at least one thing in common... :-)

(Given his poor attendance at committee hearings, etc....)

Brooks

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
"Phantom Flights, Bangkok Nights"
Both from Smithsonian Books
***www.thunderchief.org

Old August 21st 04, 12:14 AM
BUFDRVR

Ed Rasimus wrote:

If nominated I will go fishing and if elected I will fail to show up
for work. I promise!

So that's a positive vote for the exclusion of Thud and Vietnam era F-4 pilots
from the Presidency, although I'm apt to remove the restriction for Naval F-4
pilots so as not to impede Duke Cunnigham's run for President should he go that
route. Any other large groups who should be given a waiver for the "BUFDRVR
amendment"?

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old August 21st 04, 02:54 AM
Yeff

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:42:08 -0600, Ed Rasimus wrote:

If nominated I will go fishing and if elected I will fail to show up
for work. I promise!

Ed Rasimus for President!

--

-Jeff B.