Looking At RAS Faster

Old April 6th 04, 10:21 PM
Bob Kuykendall

Earlier, Ray Lovinggood wrote:

I use the website, www.gliderpilot.net to access R.A.S.
and have found it displays posts much quicker than
Google.

I also read RAS on gliderpilot.net. I've found that it updates pretty
fast, so I can see what's been posted in the last few minutes.

However, I've discovered that posts made with gliderpilot.net don't
thread properly unless they are in response to the first message in a
thread. If you reply to a reply, your message gets threaded
incorrectly - it shows up as a reply to the first message in the
thread or something like that. You can see this by later finding your
post using google.com or a newsreader. Consequently, I only post with
gliderpilot.net if I'm either starting a thread or replying to the
first message.

Not that I'm complaining about gliderpilot.net, mind you. I really do
appreciate the service it provides, and respect it within the bounds
of its limitations.

If I'm replying to a reply, what I do is wait until the reply comes up
on google.com, and then use google to post my response. The
intervening few hours will often give me time to write and edit my
post, or perhaps reconsider and decline to post altogether. Many (but
not all) times that waiting period has given me enough time to
self-moderate what might have otherwise been an intemperate post. I
think that that helps make this corner of the world a better place.

Thanks, and best regards to all

Bob K.
http://www.hpaircraft.com/hp-24

Jeppesen USB Skybound Faster? Marco Leon Owning 9 September 18th 04 03:49 AM
Why small radius collects ice faster? Andrew Sarangan Instrument Flight Rules 13 March 25th 04 04:38 PM
How much faster w/o slats? [email protected] Home Built 7 February 7th 04 03:47 PM
will this fly? Lee Elson Owning 92 December 15th 03 04:03 AM
SR- 71/ Blackbird lore Larry Dighera Military Aviation 28 July 31st 03 02:20 PM