Security 350 on Ebay

Old April 6th 04, 11:04 PM
dmayer

Default Security 350 on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:L:DS:US:8

Old April 7th 04, 01:13 PM
Burt Compton

Don,

One of our Security rigs is coming up on 30 years old and my rigger says no
more repacks after that, even though it passes the pull test. Any comments?

Burt
Marfa Gliders, west Texas
Old April 7th 04, 02:45 PM
mike fadden

"dmayer" wrote in message thlink.net...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:L:DS:US:8

There is also a 150 for sale. Just try to get a re-pack on a 20+ year
old Security 'chute. Current bids are $21 for the 150 and $60 for the
350.

Mike
Old April 7th 04, 02:45 PM
Shawn Curry

Burt Compton wrote:

Don,

One of our Security rigs is coming up on 30 years old and my rigger says no
more repacks after that, even though it passes the pull test. Any comments?

Burt
Marfa Gliders, west Texas

When I told my rigger I retired a similar age chute, he made similar
comments. "Why would you want to risk it?" BTW He isn't a chute dealer.

Shawn
Old April 7th 04, 03:22 PM
Tim Mara

Though there is no FAR or manufacturer data that says it is required to
retire old parachutes (unless they were made from Silk.and that goes back a
LONG time!) MOST riggers will refuse to repack even very good "looking"
chutes in the USA after reaching it's 20th birthday. ALL correct
manufacturers, at least any I have had dealings with, will refuse their own
chutes after 20 years old......I have taken several old chutes on trade,
many not even reaching this 20 year line that because of condition,
appearance and questionable care have been cut up and burned so they cannot
ever be repacked or used again.
tim
"Burt Compton" wrote in message
Don,

One of our Security rigs is coming up on 30 years old and my rigger says

no
more repacks after that, even though it passes the pull test. Any

comments?

Burt
Marfa Gliders, west Texas

ramifications of new TSA rules on all non-US and US citizen pilots paul k. sanchez Piloting 19 September 27th 04 11:49 PM
Security 350 on Ebay dmayer Aerobatics 0 April 6th 04 11:04 PM
TSA's General Aviation Airport Security Recommendations Might Become Requirements Larry Dighera Piloting 1 February 25th 04 05:11 PM
another "either you are with us ..." story Jeff Franks Piloting 2 December 31st 03 12:04 AM