Immediate Action Items Checklist

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 18th 08, 04:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
A Lieberman[_2_]

Default Immediate Action Items Checklist

On Jun 17, 7:58*pm, gatt wrote:

Seems like you could make a pretty succinct kneeboard checklist so
you're not wasting time flipping anything.

I have one, full page laminated and easily reachable in the passenger
door pouch..... in the real deal, it's really of no use...My answers
to Ol Shy and Bashful below.

On Jun 17, 5:46 pm, "Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote:
Do YOU have one?

Yes, but in the real deal emergency, valuable time wasted reaching for
it and getting oriented to where to start reading.

Do you rehearse it or practice it while the pressure is off? If not, why not?

No, too many variables and too many situations and most importantly,
not like the real deal.

What do you use for immediate action and why?

Trouble shooting first (AVIATE), Landing spot second (NAVIGATE),
declare emergency third (COMMUNICATE).

http://tinyurl.com/6ngvp7 for my in flight emergency and how I handled
it.

I consider it utmost important the emergency procedures be memorized,
as when the crap hits the fan, reading a list would be distracting and
may excasperate the problem.

NOW.... if I had a passenger, pulling the list and having them look it
over and read it to ensure I didn't miss anything would be good CRM.
In my case, it wouldn't have done squat.

Checklist Larry D. Cosby Piloting 148 March 29th 08 04:10 AM
Checklist use Private Piloting 2 February 12th 08 08:25 PM
747-100 Checklist Bartscher General Aviation 0 December 18th 04 07:20 PM
Jepp checklist: How did you do? Peter R. Instrument Flight Rules 9 November 10th 04 01:34 PM
C-180 100 hr checklist ConchyJoe Owning 1 May 3rd 04 11:53 PM