$7.42/gallon avgas

Old November 2nd 06, 04:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
M[_1_]

Default $7.42/gallon avgas

The Airnav fuel report says the highest avgas price in the country
right now is $7.42.

http://www.airnav.com/fuel/report.html

It didn't take long to find out where. Atlantic Aviation at Teterboro
(http://www.airnav.com/airport/KTEB). $7.42 a gallon, that's
breathtaking!

Old November 2nd 06, 06:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gpsman

M wrote:
The Airnav fuel report says the highest avgas price in the country
right now is $7.42.

http://www.airnav.com/fuel/report.html

It didn't take long to find out where. Atlantic Aviation at Teterboro
(http://www.airnav.com/airport/KTEB). $7.42 a gallon, that's
breathtaking!

Airnav.com seems to have been constructed by a committee of 6th grade
SpecEd students led to believe they are studying IT and MS would place
both them and Mxsmanic on the management payroll tomorrow if only "the
government" would consent.

I don't think it would be wise practice to count on airnav.com as a
source of reliable and current information.
-----

- gpsman

Old November 2nd 06, 06:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
M[_1_]

Airnav.com fuel prices come from user input. And your point is that
the fuel price at Atlantic Aviation at TEB is not $7.42? That's
possible, but what it is then?

Old November 2nd 06, 07:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

There are many local taxes added in NJ.

ups.com...

Old November 2nd 06, 07:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gpsman

M wrote: top poasting/brevity snip
Airnav.com fuel prices come from user input. And your point is that
the fuel price at Atlantic Aviation at TEB is not $7.42?

No. I will copy and paste very slowly:

"I don't think it would be wise practice to count on airnav.com as a
source of reliable and current information."

With my new information I would add; *especially* if their fuel prices
are derived from "user input".

That's possible, but what it is then?

Who gives a ****? IMO, nobody with any sense who isn't forced to fly
(or drive, take a train, bus, taxi, bicycle or walk) into NJ would.
And I imagine it would have to make exhorbitant prices for everything
else besides avgas worth it.

"We're going to NJ on vacation" is not a phrase with which I'm
familiar... although I'm sure it's been expressed with some joy by
persons who live in even more severe ********s.
-----

- gpsman

Old November 2nd 06, 09:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

gpsman wrote:
"I don't think it would be wise practice to count on airnav.com as a
source of reliable and current information."

Hmmmm... Let's see... They get their information from the FAA database
every time a new one is issued... Seems like a pretty good start for
accurate information... I doubt that the airports have moved that much
in the meantime... Now, some of the contact information might be wrong,
but it's wrong in the FAA database also...

With my new information I would add; *especially* if their fuel prices
are derived from "user input".

Some of it is from pilot input, some is from the actual FBOs
themselves... Quite a few of the FBOs have realized that keeping their
information up to date on AirNav has a certain advertising value to
it... Many also realize (for better or worse) that the user comments
that get left there actually get read and considered by other pilots who
are deciding which airports to refuel at on a cross-country flight...
It's a source of information... Not a sole source, but a good first
start...

Who gives a ****? IMO, nobody with any sense who isn't forced to fly
(or drive, take a train, bus, taxi, bicycle or walk) into NJ would.
And I imagine it would have to make exhorbitant prices for everything
else besides avgas worth it.

Good point, but that also holds true for a good portion of the
northeast... Hell, it's not like you're going to find decent BBQ in NYC
-- they can't even pronounce "Houston" correctly...
Old November 2nd 06, 10:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Frode Berg

Yes, but according to the same web site, you yanks are averageing just below
$4 pr gallon.

7.42 per gallon is in the neighbourhood of our European prices. We would
love to see $4 as average!

:-)

Frode

"M" skrev i melding
oups.com...

Old November 2nd 06, 10:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

M writes:

It didn't take long to find out where. Atlantic Aviation at Teterboro
(http://www.airnav.com/airport/KTEB). $7.42 a gallon, that's
breathtaking!

It is specially blended to minimize damage to apartments.

Old November 2nd 06, 11:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
FLAV8R[_1_]

"Grumman-581" wrote in message ...
Good point, but that also holds true for a good portion of the
northeast... Hell, it's not like you're going to find decent BBQ in NYC --
they can't even pronounce "Houston" correctly...

I have traveled the throughout most of the US and quite a bit throughout
Europe.
If ever I found narrow minded individuals that make statements like the
one above, it always seems to come from the uneducated, less worldly
(less traveled) pinheads that think there is nothing better than their home
state that they rarely depart from.

Your statement that us New Yorkers can't pronounce the word Houston
is ironic considering that most Texans can't even pronounce the name
of your own state correctly. It is Te-Has not Tex-Ass.
It is Am-Ma-Ree-Yoo not Am-Maa-Rill-Oh.

I think that we live in a country so beautiful because of all its diverse
landscape. From sea to sea and north to south I have seen most of it
and have found something worth seeing and visiting in every state.

I often tell my daughter that if I ever won the lottery I would never
work again because I wouldn't have the time.
I wouldn't have the time because I would love to fly to every part
of our country, every town that had a runway I would try and visit.
And when I was done doing that I would do the same with the rest
of the world.

Ok, its time for me to get off the soapbox.

And New York and Jersey may not have great BBQ but both have
great Italian food.

David - New Yorker by birth - former resident of New York, New Jersey,
Texas, California, Florida, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Alabama, DC.
Currently residing in beautiful South Carolina right next to breathtaking
North Carolina.

Old November 2nd 06, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee

"gpsman" wrote:

"I don't think it would be wise practice to count on airnav.com as a
source of reliable and current information."

Personally I use airnav often and find it to be very beneficial.

Ron Lee

Avgas Coming Down? Jon Kraus Owning 60 September 11th 06 06:15 PM
Avgas plummets! Doug Vetter Piloting 24 December 16th 05 01:54 AM
Avgas STC Mike Granby Owning 12 September 6th 05 07:18 PM
Avgas price and the light plane ownership M Owning 56 July 10th 05 04:55 AM
Avgas Prices aluckyguess Piloting 14 May 6th 05 07:23 AM