3rd Annual Pre-Oshkosh Fly-In Pool Party July 23rd!

Old April 19th 05, 02:32 PM
Jay Honeck

Free beer!

Okay, now that we've got Larry's hackles up, let's move on...
;-)

It was the 'en route' aspect of your 'free beer' advertisement with
which I took issue. Public perception of airmen might be diminished
by the thought of pilots enjoying intoxicating liquor en route to Air
Venture. This is a worldwide public forum after all.

Thanks for making it clear this time.

I know, Larry. I'm just giving you some sh*t...

Your heart was in the right place, even if your sense of humor was slightly
askew.

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 19th 05, 08:01 PM
Jack Allison

Uh oh...a pre-OSH gathering with *both* Montblack and John O.? I'd
better plan an earlier than normal arrival so I can get my first pre-OSH
brat and beer. Yikes Jay, you're not kidding...this *is* getting out of
hand :-)

Looking forward to it. Brother Steve has already been arm twisted
(didn't take much) into co-pilot duties so, once again the Allison
brothers from the left coast will journey East...though, a bit faster
this time. Need to look at one day vs. two in getting to IOW but that's
all part of the planning fun.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old April 19th 05, 08:05 PM
Jack Allison

RST Engineering wrote:

And getting that 182 into the room is going to be a crystal bitch kitty.

Jim

No problem Jim...we can move Atlas out of Jay's hanger then flip for it
to see who gets to put their plane in....though, the folks looking to
camp in Jay's hanger might opt for sleeping under your bird than mine. :-)

Old April 19th 05, 09:46 PM
John Galban

Jack Allison wrote:

Looking forward to it. Brother Steve has already been arm twisted
(didn't take much) into co-pilot duties so, once again the Allison
brothers from the left coast will journey East...though, a bit faster

this time. Need to look at one day vs. two in getting to IOW but

that's
all part of the planning fun.

It should be doable, but it'll be a long day. You have three things
in your favor. Prevailing winds should be on your tail most of the
time, going from west to east. There's a lot of daylight in July, so a
pre-dawn start will get you across most of the mountains (and the
building T-storms) before lunch. Lastly, you have a carbon-based
autopilot in the left seat to spell you from time to time.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old April 20th 05, 02:07 AM
Montblack

("Jack Allison" wrote)
Uh oh...a pre-OSH gathering with *both* Montblack and John O.?

No Montblack in Iowa City that weekend - OSH only. The ANE-IOW-OSH-ANE
triangle would end up being just under a 1,000 mile round-trip road trip.

I "will" be heading down to The Alexis Park Inn for ...um, well, um, er,
.....tulips - at the annual Pella Tulip Festival in early May. Reminds me, I
need to make my reservation tonight - maybe under Atlas' wing will still be
available.

Looking forward to it. Brother Steve has already been arm twisted (didn't
take much) into co-pilot duties so, once again the Allison brothers from
the left coast will journey East...though, a bit faster this time.

Third seat filled yet?

Montblack

Old April 20th 05, 05:13 AM
RST Engineering

forward to it. Brother Steve has already been arm twisted
(didn't take much) into co-pilot duties so, once again the Allison
brothers from the left coast will journey East...though, a bit faster this
time. Need to look at one day vs. two in getting to IOW but that's all
part of the planning fun.

Wanna plan on a convoy from the left coast to IOW that weekend? The 182 has
a hard time meeting 110 knots TAS, but we can certainly make some
arrangements.

First night stop is either Rawlins or Alliance, with a relatively easy next
day into IOW. No reason to press the issue unless you need to.

Jim

Old April 20th 05, 06:37 AM
Montblack

("RST Engineering" wrote)
Wanna plan on a convoy from the left coast to IOW that weekend? The 182
has a hard time meeting 110 knots TAS, but we can certainly make some
arrangements.

Of course Jack knows best, but I'm getting the impression that a one day
scoot might be in his thoughts.... g

If you remember the movie A Christmas Story (1983)

Ralphie's little brother gets a blimp (on wheels) for a toy. He was in a
background shot, like a kid on speed, pushing his metal toy dirigible
around, and around (like a race car) and around, and around - as fast as he
could spin himself in a circle - it's a blimp!!. Later, we see him passed
out (exhausted) "under" the Christmas Tree, cuddling his new toy :-)

Montblack

Old April 20th 05, 06:46 AM
Scott Skylane

RST Engineering wrote:

Wanna plan on a convoy from the left coast to IOW that weekend? The 182 has
a hard time meeting 110 knots TAS, but we can certainly make some
arrangements.

/snip/

Good Gawd, Jim! Try positioning that black knob further towards the
*front* of the aircraft! You might be amazed...

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane
Old April 20th 05, 07:06 AM
Jack Allison

Montblack wrote:
Third seat filled yet?

Back seat reserved for camping gear. Should be able to take more stuff
than we did two years ago...but I still need to run W&B numbers. Ah,
more fun things to figure out with the new plane... :-)

Old April 20th 05, 07:27 AM
Jack Allison

RST Engineering wrote:

Wanna plan on a convoy from the left coast to IOW that weekend? The 182 has
a hard time meeting 110 knots TAS, but we can certainly make some
arrangements.

That thought has crossed my mind Jim...so long as there are no stops at
little known former airports for unscheduled repairs :-)

When I get a chance to do some flight planning based on the numbers for
the Arrow, I'll drop you an e-mail (or, just fly up to your neck of the
woods...now that I can).