3rd Annual Pre-Oshkosh Fly-In Pool Party July 23rd!

Old April 20th 05, 06:44 PM
RST Engineering

When avgas was 50 cents a gallon, that was the operative solution. I
generated a series of spreadsheets that tells me for any given head/tail
wind what the optimum miles per gallon power setting is and I fly that
fairly religeously. It isn't in my pocketbook to fly any other way.

Jim

Wanna plan on a convoy from the left coast to IOW that weekend? The 182
has a hard time meeting 110 knots TAS, but we can certainly make some
arrangements.

/snip/

Good Gawd, Jim! Try positioning that black knob further towards the
*front* of the aircraft! You might be amazed...

Old April 20th 05, 06:47 PM
RST Engineering

I'll be in the hangar for the next couple of weekends R&R that band-aid jug
I put on in Wyoming to get me home. When you land, ask Unicom to point you
to my hangar.

Give me the model number for the Arrow and I'll gin up a spreadsheet for
your W/B. You will have to do all the add/subtract from your logbooks for
the stuff that has been put on and taken off over the years.

Jim

When I get a chance to do some flight planning based on the numbers for
the Arrow, I'll drop you an e-mail (or, just fly up to your neck of the
woods...now that I can).

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old April 20th 05, 11:03 PM
Newps

We got a guy here who flies his 180 at 20 squared. Always. 100 feet
off the runway he powers down. We all laugh at him.

Old April 21st 05, 02:36 AM
Jack Allison

RST Engineering wrote:
I'll be in the hangar for the next couple of weekends R&R that band-aid jug
I put on in Wyoming to get me home. When you land, ask Unicom to point you
to my hangar.

Hmmm, I think I may have to pay a visit sometime the weekend of the
23rd/24th. Any time of the day better for you?

Give me the model number for the Arrow and I'll gin up a spreadsheet for
your W/B.

Cool...I hate the graphs in the POH as they're only so accurate. It's a
1971 Arrow 200B PA-28R-200

Old April 21st 05, 06:15 AM
RST Engineering

"Jack Allison" wrote in message
RST Engineering wrote:
I'll be in the hangar for the next couple of weekends R&R that band-aid
jug I put on in Wyoming to get me home. When you land, ask Unicom to
point you to my hangar.

Hmmm, I think I may have to pay a visit sometime the weekend of the
23rd/24th. Any time of the day better for you?

Yeah. I'm doing an annual on a Champ Saturday morning. I'll be back at the
hangar late Saturday afternoon and probably all day on Sunday.

Give me the model number for the Arrow and I'll gin up a spreadsheet for
your W/B.

Cool...I hate the graphs in the POH as they're only so accurate. It's a
1971 Arrow 200B PA-28R-200

I'm working on it. I'll post it to you by email. How about a real address
instead of that garbage you have in your header?

Old April 21st 05, 02:14 PM
Jay Honeck

We got a guy here who flies his 180 at 20 squared. Always. 100 feet off
the runway he powers down. We all laugh at him.

Wow. At 20 squared, we don't need headphones to talk in a conversational
voice. And we're puttering along at 100 knots or so.

Of course, we're also only burning around 8 gph, which -- if you're not
really in a hurry -- is always nice!

I don't think I'd be pulling back to that at 100 AGL, though...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA