I've had it.

Old June 8th 08, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ken S. Tucker

Default I've had it.

On Jun 8, 7:15 am, Andrew Sarangan wrote:
On Jun 6, 11:46 pm, Dudley Henriques wrote:

Jay Honeck wrote:
Me, too.

Sadly, this forum has become the Bertie Show 24/7, diving inexorably
into an ever tightening graveyard spiral. We, as pilots -- by
validating his existence -- have allowed his mental illness to destroy
this group, and in doing so have deprived ourselves of a great piloting
forum.
Just as the troll hoped we would. In the end, he outsmarted us all.

LOL, "outsmarted us", Bertie is on the level of
Forrest Gump, except dumber and has a bad
attitude. I hang out in some science groups like
relativity, and there are some seriously intelligent
koo-koo birds posting to those, with IQ's into the
120's but with EQ's in the 70's.

Farewell, Bob. It's been an honor knowing you.

Check out the Pilots of America forums. It's moderated, the group is
savvy and friendly, and no nonsense. I just this moment got a post from
Bob. Actually, if you have the time, spread the word to Montblack and
the rest of your email loop as well.
Hope to see you over there. I posted a simple hello post and received 10
answers welcoming me over there; not a negative or unrelated to aviation
response in the bunch :-)

--
Dudley Henriques

Dudley
I did the same. I've been on rec.aviation since 1995, and feel the
time has come to move on.
So long.

We eventually set up a moderated science group
that works very well.
Regards
Ken
Old June 8th 08, 07:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in
:

Jay Honeck wrote:
Me, too.

Sadly, this forum has become the Bertie Show 24/7, diving
inexorably into an ever tightening graveyard spiral. We, as
pilots -- by validating his existence -- have allowed his mental
illness to destroy this group, and in doing so have deprived
ourselves of a great piloting forum.
Just as the troll hoped we would. In the end, he outsmarted us
all.

LOL, "outsmarted us", Bertie is on the level of
Forrest Gump, except dumber and has a bad
attitude. I hang out in some science groups like
relativity, and there are some seriously intelligent
koo-koo birds posting to those, with IQ's into the
120's but with EQ's in the 70's.

Bwawhahwahhwha!

And they all think you're an idiot.

We eventually set up a moderated science group
that works very well.

Really? Where is that so we can go and read you stuff?

Bertie
Old June 8th 08, 11:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Jay Honeck wrote:
[...]

Hope to see you over there Andy.

--
Dudley Henriques
Old June 9th 08, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
gatt[_5_]

Blueskies wrote:

I sent you a PM with (virus-scanned) Word files attached. I tried
pasting one into a reply but the formatting looked awful.

-chris

didja fix the address? blueskies at ameritech dot net

Should have. Did you get them?

-c
Old June 9th 08, 03:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
gatt[_5_]

Jim Burns wrote:
"gatt" wrote in message

I "heard" about you flying with NWPilot.... he called Jay Honeck while we
were in Detroit on Saturday and mentioned flying with you. Keep up the good
work and have fun.

Yeah, that was cool. Had fun flying up the river in his IFR-equipped
C-150. Made me want to go out and buy one.

-c
Old June 9th 08, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Gig 601Xl Builder

Dudley Henriques wrote:
Bob Gardner wrote:
I hate cross-posting, but just this once I will give in to the
temptation. The rec.aviation newsgroups have become useless. There is
very little "meat" in the postings...sushidot is about the only poster
interested in learning anything. If anyone is looking for me, I hang
out in the AOPA Forum, Pilots of America, and Purple boards.

Bob Gardner

Bob;
I'm registering today on Pilots of America and I'll hit the AOPA forum
as well.
Hope to see you there.

I wonder if AOPA would start us a sub forum Rec.Aviation.Refuges?
Old June 9th 08, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 07:16:00 -0700, gatt
wrote in
:

Had fun flying up the river in his IFR-equipped
C-150.

Did you find that the barrel rolls tumbled your gyros? :-)
Old June 10th 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Blueskies

"gatt" wrote in message ...
Blueskies wrote:

I sent you a PM with (virus-scanned) Word files attached. I tried
pasting one into a reply but the formatting looked awful.

-chris

didja fix the address? blueskies at ameritech dot net

Should have. Did you get them?

-c

Hmmm, no, but I am on running on a generator right now, power out from the storms.

If you don't mind, please try again...

Thanks!

Old June 10th 08, 02:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Matt Whiting" wrote:

I agree. I participate in a couple of motorcycle forums and find the user
interface overly complex and hard to use as compared to good old usenet.
Some things were just right from the start and usenet is one of them.

Indeed.

Simplest is best.

--
Dan