FS9/FS2004 technical question about joystick assignments

Old March 23rd 04, 04:45 AM
John Doe

Default FS9/FS2004 technical question about joystick assignments

I have a Logitech joystick in FS2004 and want to use the hat/POV eight-way
switch for looking around (left and right) and for elevator trim.

IOW, I want to use the left three and right three positions for view, and
the front/back positions for elevator trim.

So far, doing that causes the view positions to stick. They are no longer
momentary switches which momentarily switch the view. When the POV switch
is released, the view remains switched.

Is there a way to assign the front/back positions of the POV switch for
elevator trim and at the same time use the left and right positions for
momentary views?

Work arounds are also appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--
I will be pleasantly surprised if that is possible.

Old March 23rd 04, 06:31 AM
Bryan

Possibly turn the repeat on for the view axis and turn it off for the trim.

Or maybe the other way around..............

Old March 24th 04, 07:19 AM
Jarod (the puppy)

"JD" == "John Doe" writes:

JD I have a Logitech joystick in FS2004 and want to use the hat/POV
JD eight-way switch for looking around (left and right) and for
JD elevator trim.
JD
JD IOW, I want to use the left three and right three positions for
JD view, and the front/back positions for elevator trim.
JD
JD So far, doing that causes the view positions to stick. They are
JD no longer momentary switches which momentarily switch the view.
JD When the POV switch is released, the view remains switched.
JD
JD Is there a way to assign the front/back positions of the POV
JD switch for elevator trim and at the same time use the left and
JD right positions for momentary views?
JD
JD Work arounds are also appreciated.
JD
JD Thanks in advance.

Yes, check the repeat function but what I would do is also check
there is no problems with the actual switches sticking by running the
diagnostic software for the joystick.

--
========
Thanks.....

Jarod

Old March 24th 04, 04:25 PM
John Doe

"Jarod (the puppy)" wrote

"JD" == "John Doe" writes:

[...]

Thanks. I am not sure how but it is working fine now.