Anyone else got "The Cold"?

Old January 4th 05, 02:11 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Anyone else got "The Cold"?

Man, I got this bug a week ago, and I've never seen anything like it. I
lost my voice 6 days ago (The kids are loving it. Mary *was* loving it,
until she discovered that she had to answer all of my phone calls!), with no
sign of it returning.

I've slept in my LazyBoy the last six nights, cuz my lungs fill up every 90
minutes or so when I lay down, sending me into coughing fits that keep Mary
up all night.

Flying has been completely out of the question.

At Mary's insistence, I'm actually going to see a doctor today. (Who, no
doubt, will tell me to drink lots of fluids, take aspirin, get lots of
sleep, and charge me a hundred bucks...) According to friends in our
school district, this bug has been knocking people down in droves around
here for the last month.

Anyone else infected, or is this an Iowa thing?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 4th 05, 02:29 PM

Jay --

Sounds like what was going around the NY-NJ area about a month or two
ago. Nice to know that our region is back in the exporting business!
You'll probably get a shot, so remember to drop 'em and smile.

AJ

Old January 4th 05, 02:37 PM
C J Campbell

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Man, I got this bug a week ago, and I've never seen anything like it.

Good grief, Jay! Maybe you should stay off the news group for a little
while. You don't want to expose all of us to whatever you have! :-)

Old January 4th 05, 02:40 PM
John T

Jay Honeck wrote:

Anyone else infected, or is this an Iowa thing?

Whatever you do, don't bring it East...

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer

Old January 4th 05, 02:42 PM
Richard Russell

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 14:11:43 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Man, I got this bug a week ago, and I've never seen anything like it. I
lost my voice 6 days ago (The kids are loving it. Mary *was* loving it,
until she discovered that she had to answer all of my phone calls!), with no
sign of it returning.

I've slept in my LazyBoy the last six nights, cuz my lungs fill up every 90
minutes or so when I lay down, sending me into coughing fits that keep Mary
up all night.

Flying has been completely out of the question.

At Mary's insistence, I'm actually going to see a doctor today. (Who, no
doubt, will tell me to drink lots of fluids, take aspirin, get lots of
sleep, and charge me a hundred bucks...) According to friends in our
school district, this bug has been knocking people down in droves around
here for the last month.

Anyone else infected, or is this an Iowa thing?

I thought a Pathfinder was a low-winger. Are you telling me that a
low-wing pilot is going to the doctor for a cold? My supposed
understanding of the natural order of things has been shattered.
(Just in case this cold has put you on edge or muted your sense of
humor, this is all in jest Hope you feel better soon and get back
in the air.
Rich Russell
Old January 4th 05, 02:44 PM
Larry Dighera

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 14:11:43 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote in
zuxCd.73156$k25.18664@attbi_s53::

me to drink lots of fluids, take aspirin, get lots of
sleep,

Don't bother with the aspirin unless you have a fever.

Consider also:
1. Gargle hot saturated solution of salt water often
2. Mega doses of vitamin C and multi
3. Don't swallow phlegm; blow and expectorate
4. Rest at every opportunity
5. Eat three well balanced meals daily

If it is a virus, your immune system is going to have to do the
healing work. Give it every advantage you can to overcome the
infection.

Of course, if you haven't been doing the above, a bacterial infection
may have begun. If you get strep throat, it's time for an amoxicillin
Rx.

Quarantine yourself from contact with others, please.
Old January 4th 05, 02:51 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Jay Honeck wrote:

Anyone else infected, or is this an Iowa thing?

Nothing here. Yet.

George Patterson
The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.
Old January 4th 05, 02:56 PM
Dave Stadt

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
[...]

Just getting over it. It has definitely been going around here.

Old January 4th 05, 03:07 PM
Paul kgyy

A friend discovered that his similar symptoms were actually a form of
pneumonia - good luck.

Old January 4th 05, 03:14 PM
William W. Plummer

Jay Honeck wrote:
Man, I got this bug a week ago, and I've never seen anything like it. I
lost my voice 6 days ago (The kids are loving it. Mary *was* loving it,
until she discovered that she had to answer all of my phone calls!), with no
sign of it returning.

I've slept in my LazyBoy the last six nights, cuz my lungs fill up every 90
minutes or so when I lay down, sending me into coughing fits that keep Mary
up all night.

Flying has been completely out of the question.

At Mary's insistence, I'm actually going to see a doctor today. (Who, no
doubt, will tell me to drink lots of fluids, take aspirin, get lots of
sleep, and charge me a hundred bucks...) According to friends in our
school district, this bug has been knocking people down in droves around
here for the last month.

Anyone else infected, or is this an Iowa thing?

A caller to a local radio station (Lowell, MA) was complaining about it.
Because flu shots are now available to those 50 and older, I'll be
going to a clinic on Thursday for one. The guy on the next treadmill to
me in the gym was coughing every 12 seconds, so I decided to stay away
if possible. In fact, staying out of crowds in general is probably a
good idea. Whether you get sick depends on exposure, transfer
percents, and your resistance. Pay attention to all of these. Good
health and good luck to you!

Bill Plummer @ N42 34.623 W071 21.607