Slightly O/T for flight simmers. Building my own airport

Old July 5th 05, 02:46 PM
Andrew Scotland

Default Slightly O/T for flight simmers. Building my own airport

I have just finished building my own airport for FS2004 using the AFCAD
program and when I go to the airport it works well, all AI traffic use
it correctly etc but there are non-airport buildings such as houses on
the runways and trees on the taxi-ways. I have downloaded the program
*Airport for Windows* as I was told that is how you get rid of the
buildings, trees etc but when I go to open ANY BGL file it comes up
"File has no valid AFD section"

Any ideas?

Old July 5th 05, 03:25 PM
T. & D. Gregor, Sr.

Hi Andy:

You first need to "exclude" those trees and houses...

Take a look at the following programs:

ExcBuilder v2.0

is a small program that helps you to create different types of exclude
files. With this tool you can delete default taxiway signs, generic
buildings, windsocks and many other objects through user-friendly
interface without knowing anything about programming. Since it uses
the new XML-based language it's compatible with FS2004 ONLY!

BGL Toolkit v0.8 (a.k.a. Exclude Kit)

A freeware utility to quickly view the "Table of Contents" of
FlightSimulator scenery files (.BGLs) then resolve scenery
conflicts/duplications by creating appropriate "Exclude" files from
the information displayed. This utility is primarily designed for
users, who have a number of conflicting scenery files and who wish to
quickly create "Exclude" files in a Windows environment - which will
disable parts of scenery areas which are lower in the FS loading
hierarchy.

Companion tutorial for the above program also available in our
Tutorial area.

I hope this helps in some small way, visit the URL below (see sig),
for additional ideas and suggestions.

Good luck

Tom G, Sr.

Old July 5th 05, 03:29 PM

"Andrew Scotland" wrote in news:1120571217.615854.138390
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I have just finished building my own airport for FS2004 using the AFCAD
program and when I go to the airport it works well, all AI traffic use
it correctly etc but there are non-airport buildings such as houses on
the runways and trees on the taxi-ways. I have downloaded the program
*Airport for Windows* as I was told that is how you get rid of the
buildings, trees etc but when I go to open ANY BGL file it comes up
"File has no valid AFD section"

Any ideas?

'fraid not. In fact, what on earth are you talking about?
Old July 13th 05, 07:35 AM
Tom Peel

Andrew Scotland wrote:

I have just finished building my own airport for FS2004 using the AFCAD
program and when I go to the airport it works well, all AI traffic use
it correctly etc but there are non-airport buildings such as houses on
the runways and trees on the taxi-ways. I have downloaded the program
*Airport for Windows* as I was told that is how you get rid of the
buildings, trees etc but when I go to open ANY BGL file it comes up
"File has no valid AFD section"

Any ideas?

Andrew,
not at all off-topic, but you'll getter much better advice he
http://forums.avsim.net/ and look for the Scenery Design Forum.
T.