Why We Lost The Vietnam War

Old February 9th 04, 04:59 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"David Thornley" wrote in message
.. .

With the striking exceptions of carrier and transport aircraft, it seems
that, at any given time, the bulk of British-operated aircraft were of
British design and manufacture.

Which means the UK acquired many aircraft from outside sources. You'll find
the UK also acquired a fair number of land-based fighters.

Old February 9th 04, 05:02 PM
Keith Willshaw

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
link.net...

"Keith Willshaw" wrote in message

Canada was an independent nation by then which declared
war independently on Germany. I see your continued
use of the word 'colony' to describe them as a studied
insult of people who were loyal friends and allies.

I don't think that's why he calls Canada a colony. I think he truly
believes Canada was a British colony during WWII. After all, if Spiv is
anything, he is stupid.

True very true

Keith

Old February 9th 04, 05:03 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"ANDREW ROBERT BREEN" wrote in message

The Nene Viking was certainly the first mating of an airliner
fuselage to jet power and the first jet to be capable of
employment as an airliner (engine and type certification aside).

The Nene was not mated to the Viking airframe to produce an jet-powered
Viking airliner, it was purely for the development of the Nene engine.

Old February 9th 04, 05:06 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Spiv" wrote in message

It hasn't sunk in.

Obviously, but we'll keep trying to help you understand.

Britain always imported cheaper food, and food
that can't be grown in the UK, from the empire and elsewhere.
After WW2 the need to be self sufficient was not there.

The UK did not have the capability to be self-sufficient in food during
WWII. Britain would have fallen without food imports.

It was.

Not during the war.

Old February 9th 04, 05:07 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Spiv" wrote in message

Try reading about it.

That's good advice. You should heed it yourself.

Old February 9th 04, 05:08 PM
ANDREW ROBERT BREEN

In article .net,
Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

"ANDREW ROBERT BREEN" wrote in message

The Nene Viking was certainly the first mating of an airliner
fuselage to jet power and the first jet to be capable of
employment as an airliner (engine and type certification aside).

The Nene was not mated to the Viking airframe to produce an jet-powered
Viking airliner, it was purely for the development of the Nene engine.

Sorry, I thought it was clear that I was saying exactly that - the Nene
Viking would have made a very bad, very uneconomic airliner had anyone
attempted to use it as such, so there was never any intention of doing
so. *However*, if anyone had been daft enough and had got type approval
for it, it could have carried passengers - even fare-payings ones -
albeit at ruinous expense. And it was the first jet to get even that
far. Everything starts somewhere..

--
Andy Breen ~ Interplanetary Scintillation Research Group
http://users.aber.ac.uk/azb/
Old February 9th 04, 06:35 PM
Spiv

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
link.net...

"Spiv" wrote in message

Try reading about it.

That's good advice.

Then take the advice,

Old February 9th 04, 06:36 PM
Spiv

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Spiv" wrote in message

It hasn't sunk in.

Obviously, but we'll keep trying to help you understand.

Britain always imported cheaper food, and food
that can't be grown in the UK, from the empire and elsewhere.
After WW2 the need to be self sufficient was not there.

The UK did not have the capability to be self-sufficient in food during
WWII. Britain would have fallen without food imports.

Please read thread - 4 times.

Old February 9th 04, 07:11 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Spiv" wrote in message

Please read thread - 4 times.

I have. What you've written here is not correct.

Old February 9th 04, 07:53 PM
D. Patterson

"Martin Rapier" wrote in message
"Brandon J. Van Every" wrote in
message
{snip}
It is now; the last time I heard somebody talking about "the whole
world's population could stand on X" I think it was closer to three.
Feel free to regard me as having functionally been living in a cave
for the past three decades or so.

Well, maybe they can stand on one foot, then.

On each other's shoulders, it's only double, LOL!

If they all jump down at the same time will it create a tidal wave which
will engulf the earth?

Cheers
Martin

No, the load bearing capabiities of the island were exceeded long ago, and
the island sank beneath the waves and drowned everyone in a Great Flood
which wiped out humanity, except for one group who clung to some flotsam and
made it to the mainland.