Bonding Plexiglass

Old November 14th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
David Melby Cavalier

Default Bonding Plexiglass

I'm looking for some info on products to use to bond plexiglass
windshields and other windows in the airframe. I know some guys use
laminating epoxy. I'm sure there are other products as good or better.
Anybody with experience?
Also, anybody with experience with products like zolatone or similiar?

Old November 14th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Kyle Boatright

There is a clear adhesive called "Lexel" (or is it Lexcel?) that works well
on lexan and plexiglass.

You can find tubes of it in the caulk section of most hardware stores and
home improvement centers.

oups.com...

Old November 14th 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Charlie[_2_]

David Melby Cavalier wrote:
I'm looking for some info on products to use to bond plexiglass
windshields and other windows in the airframe. I know some guys use
laminating epoxy. I'm sure there are other products as good or better.
Anybody with experience?
Also, anybody with experience with products like zolatone or similiar?

try
http://www.matronics.com/searching/search.html
& search for 'gluing canopy'
Old November 16th 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
J.Kahn

David Melby Cavalier wrote:
I'm looking for some info on products to use to bond plexiglass
windshields and other windows in the airframe. I know some guys use
laminating epoxy. I'm sure there are other products as good or better.
Anybody with experience?
Also, anybody with experience with products like zolatone or similiar?

A chum at work building an RV-9 just did his canopy with an aerospace
bonding material specially for plexi that cost 15 bucks or so for a
tube. The bonding agent has to allow for thermal expansion of the
canopy so it goes in in about a 1/8 inch thick layer, that is achieved
using spacers as the stuff is injected into the joint. I'll get the
name tomorrow.

John K
Old November 18th 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

its called "sikaflex". Do a google search

Old November 21st 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
J.Kahn

wrote:
its called "sikaflex". Do a google search

That's the one...