most anti-aviation city in the nation

Old July 27th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dave[_2_]

Default most anti-aviation city in the nation

Brian, hide the aircraft and take up making steel drums. It takes a long
time to beat one of those suckers into shape. Invite a nice carribean band
over to help you tune it, at 8. AM, on Sunday.

"Dan Horton" wrote in message
ups.com...
I hate to use the analogy, but a lot of African Americans were
against the civil rights movement, fearing that it was just gong to
stirr up trouble and the backlash would make things worse for them.

Yep, and MLK insisted that the movement stick to peaceful protest
only. The other side wanted a fight and certainly tried to provoke one
at every turn. That would have undermined support from very effective
allies like the Justice Department, not to mention the average citizen.

Nobody here proposes that we not work to eliminate the ordinance.
We need to be smart and not play our opponents game.

Dan

Old July 27th 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dave[_2_]

"Morgans" wrote in message

If I were them, I would stay as far away from him as I could. Look what
he
has done to homebuilding, by not being able or willing to mend fences with
neighbor!

Would you have given the same advice to the bunch that were targeted by the
Stop the noise crowd? It was only four pilots, screw 'em! As long as they
don't target you you're ready to let other flyers swing in the noose? AOPA
should be there for this guy too!
http://www.aopa.org/prez/prespos/2004/pp0404.html

Old July 27th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ken Finney

wrote in message
oups.com...

Morgans wrote:
wrote in

Assuming he goes that far he is going to attract a lot of support
on the way. He is going to be joined by boatbuilders, potters,
home mechanics, woodworkers, metalworkers, sculptors,
gardeners, telecommuters, painters, seamstresses, photographers,
pretty much anyone who does anything as a hobby that is sometimes
also done on a commercial basis.

Why should they give him a bit of support. They have not been targeted.

Ever here the one about notstanding up for the Jews, or Communists,
or Catholics, or Gypsies, or homosexuals or ...?

If I were them, I would stay as far away from him as I could. Look what
he
has done to homebuilding, by not being able or willing to mend fences
with a
neighbor!

The photos he posted show tha the did inded put up a privacy fence
to keep his airplane out of view of his neighbor.

It seems obvious at this ponit that the neighbor didn't want him to
have airplanes on his property notwithstanding complete absence of any
effect, inconvenience, or loss of enjoyment of the neighbor IRT his
own property.

Bottom line is, he has a right to proceed, you have a fight to
ask him not to.

Did you mean fight or right?

Right, sorry about the typo.

Sure he has a right to fight it. I have a right to chop my private parts
off, if I want to. It does not make it any better of an idea, though.

I won't ask him not to. I doubt it would do any good, as he has not
shown
an ability to handle the difficulties very well, so far.

I would ask him to consider carefully how he proceeds.

What happens next could carry far reaching implications, and could set
home-building back decades.

If you do not agree with that statement, you need to think a little
longer
on the subject.

Oh, I agree with it. I go further than you. The results could set back
boatbuilding, potting, home mechanics, woodworkering, metalwor-
king, sculpting, gardening, telecommuting, painting, dressmaking,
photography, and pretty much anyone who does anything as a hobby
that is sometimes also done on a commercial basis back decades,
OR protect them all for decades to come.

If you do not agree with that statement, you need to think a little
longer
on the subject.

There are already areas that ban working on cars in your garage, I suggest
that SEMA.org might be of some help.

Old July 27th 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_3_]

What happens next could carry far reaching implications, and could set
home-building back decades.

If you do not agree with that statement, you need to think a little

longer
on the subject.

Oh, I agree with it. I go further than you. The results could set back
boatbuilding, potting, home mechanics, woodworkering, metalwor-
king, sculpting, gardening, telecommuting, painting, dressmaking,
photography, and pretty much anyone who does anything as a hobby
that is sometimes also done on a commercial basis back decades,
OR protect them all for decades to come.

If you do not agree with that statement, you need to think a little
longer
on the subject.

I do agree with you, with reservation.

We shall have to see, if the fight goes on, if the other backyard ventures
you mentioned do join forces. Time will be the only judge.

I predict that there will be nary a peep from those other groups. Time will
tell.
--
Jim in NC

Old July 27th 06, 11:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_3_]

Would you have given the same advice to the bunch that were targeted by
the
Stop the noise crowd? It was only four pilots, screw 'em! As long as they
don't target you you're ready to let other flyers swing in the noose?

AOPA
should be there for this guy too!
http://www.aopa.org/prez/prespos/2004/pp0404.html

Wait a minute here. You are talking about one group of pilots supporting
another group of pilots. Yes, AOPA and the other pilots should get behind
the four pilots.

The other groups I mentioned not getting behind the anti home-building in
Jacksonville, are other things not related in any way to flying, like hot
rods, pottery, cabinet shops, boating, ect. My supposition is that they
will not get involved.

I agree that AOPA and EAA should get lined up to get this repealed. I think
that fighting it by walking it through the legal system is a mistake. They
(AOPA and EAA) should work to get it repealed at the current level.
Fighting a legal battle and losing would be bad, and set precedence for
other cities and counties to make their own laws from, and THAT would be
bad. It needs to go away, without legal precedence being formed.
--
Jim in NC

Old July 28th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Morgans wrote:

I agree that AOPA and EAA should get lined up to get this repealed. I think
that fighting it by walking it through the legal system is a mistake. They
(AOPA and EAA) should work to get it repealed at the current level.
Fighting a legal battle and losing would be bad, and set precedence for
other cities and counties to make their own laws from, and THAT would be
bad. It needs to go away, without legal precedence being formed.

Keep in mind that even if ordinances that arbitrarily and needlessly
interfere with the quiet enjoyment of one's property are upheld, that
doe prevernt the EAA and AOPA from working to repeal them or
stop them from being passed in the first place.

--

FF

Old July 28th 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_3_]

wrote
Keep in mind that even if ordinances that arbitrarily and needlessly
interfere with the quiet enjoyment of one's property are upheld, that
doe prevernt the EAA and AOPA from working to repeal them or
stop them from being passed in the first place.

I had absolutely no idea what you just tried to say.

Try again?
Old July 28th 06, 06:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jerry Springer

Morgans wrote:
wrote

Keep in mind that even if ordinances that arbitrarily and needlessly
interfere with the quiet enjoyment of one's property are upheld, that
doe prevernt the EAA and AOPA from working to repeal them or
stop them from being passed in the first place.

I had absolutely no idea what you just tried to say.

Try again?

My guess is he menat "dose not" prevent EAA and AOPA........
Old July 28th 06, 09:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Jerry Springer wrote:
Morgans wrote:
wrote

Keep in mind that even if ordinances that arbitrarily and needlessly
interfere with the quiet enjoyment of one's property are upheld, that
doe prevernt the EAA and AOPA from working to repeal them or
stop them from being passed in the first place.

I had absolutely no idea what you just tried to say.

Try again?

My guess is he menat "dose not" prevent EAA and AOPA........

Good geuss.

The older I get the harder it gets to see typos.

--

FF

Old July 28th 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
blackbird

Just to let you know.....I have changed my homeowners insurance to a
company that will let me have ANYTHING in my yard as long as it is not
in my house.....

I have been following this thread as Jax. is close to me....I think
that our RIGHTS are being trampled on by others....

As an EAA president so far I have heard NOTHING from the National group
as I feared would happen ...not so much as an e-mail......However,

I would think that putting up a privacy fence and not making noise at
3:00 a.m. is very reasonable for a neighbor to put up with....I have
recieved e-mails concerning folks working on various HOBBIES in their
homes......

IF the polilticians are NOT stopped in their tracks with protests ....I
FEAR that it will soon be ILLEGAL for you to own anything that you
want.......

THINK I AM KIDDING

Can you believe that old saying that I would buy a large number of
acres and build a house in the middle and only have friends
over......well I have done that....now I am going to put a gate
up.......to keep out the busy bodies..........and post the no
trespassing signs to protect me and mine.....

What falls out of the sky is not my fault......Runway in back
yard....LOL......

Just wondering where we will be in 20 years.......That's why I get
along with folks who were born pre 1960.....LOL.....

Wayne