I just bought my 1st Plane...Thanks to the newsgroup!

Old January 22nd 04, 12:21 AM
WinstonCup

Default I just bought my 1st Plane...Thanks to the newsgroup!

Hello rec.aviation.owning!

My name is K C and I am in the process of buying my 1st airplane. (I take
possesion next Friday) I have been searching for the "right plane" for me for
the past 8 months. You don't know me...I am a "read only" participant, but I
wanted to let the "regulars" know that their comments and feedback to posted
questions/topics provide a wealth of knowledge...and it is appreciated.

The differing opinions (which is what's great about these venues) offers
individuals the opportunity to benefit from others' mistakes and successes.
One would have to visit a multitude of FBO lounges to glean the same good stuff
that this group spews on a daily basis...

FWIW...Thanks, and fly safe,

K C
PP ASEL IA....and now, owner
Old January 22nd 04, 12:56 AM
Michael Bremer

SO.....................

What is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old January 22nd 04, 02:35 AM
BTIZ

all that... and he's not going to tell us what he got??

dang... must not want us to be jealous..

BT

Old January 22nd 04, 02:43 AM
G.R. Patterson III

WinstonCup wrote:

Hello rec.aviation.owning!

My name is K C and I am in the process of buying my 1st airplane.

When you get it, send Jay a pic.

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."
Old January 22nd 04, 03:50 AM
Jay Honeck

Congrats, KC.

What didja get?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 22nd 04, 06:21 PM
Marco Leon

Oh no, he can't do THAT. That would be *marketing* ;-) I keep forgetting to
send my pics because all the good ones are at the home PC and I get
distracted.

I would add that KC should explain his reasons for buying the particular
model and serial number. Curious minds want to know.

Marco

http://www.usenet.com
Old January 22nd 04, 07:38 PM
dlevy

In addition to *marketing* it would be posting something that I am not
interested since I have seen it a zillion times. The internet is here for
my pleasure.

Please post something with "rouge" so I can see if my killfile thingy works.
Thanks!

Old January 22nd 04, 08:00 PM
G.R. Patterson III

dlevy wrote:

Please post something with "rouge" so I can see if my killfile thingy works.
Thanks!

Actually, I think the word you want is "rogue".

Old January 22nd 04, 08:28 PM
WinstonCup

Congrats, KC.

What didja get?
--
Jay Honeck

I had a feeling you guys would want to know what I chose.... soooooo here it
is.

I bought a Cessna 182Q, 1978 model. dual kx 155's, kln 89 gps (I also have the
196 hand held), kn 64 dme, ADF, A/P, stormscope, L/R tanks and under 2000 TTAF
and recent TOH w/ Millenium cylinders.

I actually take possesion next Friday, the pre-buy, IFR/Static/Transponder
checks & annual are being performed this week.

I chose this 182 because:
1. Useful load is enough to carry 4 people and stuff w/ sufficient range of
fuel
2. Cruise at around 140 kts.
3. Reliability/proven Airframe
4. Maint/parts are readily available (therefore, cheaper in the long run)
5. Radio's were better than late '70s standard issue.
6. Low total time
7. New TOH
8. No Damage History
9. Always Hangared

and # 10..... I JUST HAD TO HAVE AN AIRPLANE!!!!!!!!!!

In my wanna have/gotta have scale, this plane came out a sold 90%+. The ONLY
thing that I am not crazy about is the color. The paint is in VERY good
shape...but the color is not to my taste. So...for less than 10% of dislikes,
I can have it repainted in a few years. Maybe sooner... after I see how the
costs add up.

Thanks again fella's...and I told you...I'm generally a "read only"
participant.

K C
PP ASEL IA ... and now, owner (well, by next Friday anyway)