Neat design spotted yesterday

Old March 7th 05, 11:02 PM

Default Neat design spotted yesterday

Yesterday, while I was flying south from Sacramento to Harris Ranch, as
I passed overhead an Modesto or Stockton airport (I wasn't lost, I just
don't remember which one it was)..an aircraft took off and climbed
rapidly to my level (5500 ft).

From the top, as I passed over it, it looked like it had 2 wings, one

in front of the other (canard like, only full size wings).

From the front, as it climbed towards me from below, it looked like a

bi-plane.

The aircraft flew up along side me, about 1/2 mile to the east. It
stayed there for a few seconds, then turned and accelerated off to the
east.

The design looked awesome, and it was a fast little thing.

Does anyone know what type of aircraft this is? It looked like a
homebuilt. Very sleek, looked like it was a composite design.

Thanks

Old March 8th 05, 12:09 AM
Dude

Except for the fast part, I thought you might mean this one:

http://www.eagleaircraft.webcentral.com.au/

wrote in message
oups.com...
Yesterday, while I was flying south from Sacramento to Harris Ranch, as
I passed overhead an Modesto or Stockton airport (I wasn't lost, I just
don't remember which one it was)..an aircraft took off and climbed
rapidly to my level (5500 ft).

From the top, as I passed over it, it looked like it had 2 wings, one

in front of the other (canard like, only full size wings).

From the front, as it climbed towards me from below, it looked like a

Old March 8th 05, 12:29 AM

yes, i think that was it (the eagle)..thanks all who responded

Old March 8th 05, 01:01 AM
Jeff

Sounds like a Q2 (Q200) or a Dragonfly. I know there are several very fast
Q200's in that area.

Jeff
Dragonfly N41GK

wrote in message
oups.com...
Yesterday, while I was flying south from Sacramento to Harris Ranch, as
I passed overhead an Modesto or Stockton airport (I wasn't lost, I just
don't remember which one it was)..an aircraft took off and climbed
rapidly to my level (5500 ft).

From the top, as I passed over it, it looked like it had 2 wings, one

in front of the other (canard like, only full size wings).

From the front, as it climbed towards me from below, it looked like a

Old March 8th 05, 11:59 AM
PitCock

Sounds like a dragonfly.