OLC Claims

Old November 22nd 11, 05:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GC[_2_]

Default OLC Claims

Bill,

How did it go with the OLC? Found this on r.a.s.:

OLC flights rejected

This is has been an issue in the past, especially with a 302 and using
SeeYou.
Best not to use SeeYou. This has been a long standing
bug in the Cambridge/SeeYou/OLC interface. Use only the Cambridge
utility, 3UTIQ257 if using an IPAQ product, or 3UTPC256 if using a
laptop,
to download the file from the 302 to your computer or IPAQ. Then you
may
upload the file to the OLC web site using the direct claim method.
Seems to
eliminate all the invalid file problems by removing SeeYou from the
process.

Regards,
Linwood Stevenson
TN Record Keeper

Don't know what he means by "direct claim method".

Cheers,
Graeme
Old November 22nd 11, 01:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

I must respectfully disagree. I have used SeeYou to successfully download
secure files every time from a 302. There is no technical reason why flight
logs downloaded by the Cambridge Utilities are any more secure than the
files downloaded by SeeYou or ConnectMe. They all use the same commands to
start the download process, etc. The only difference is that the Cambridge
300 Utilities immediately check the security of the file after download.
Sometimes files don't download securely for one reason or another. It is
nice to know about it immediately so you can try again. But a file that is
not downloaded securely by SeeYou or ConnectMe would not have been
downloaded any more securely by the Cambridge 300 Utility.

I suspect that sometimes when customers have problems it is because they
download files and then accidentally upload the wrong file - such as an
insecure file logged by Glide Navigator II, or a secure file logged by
SeeYou Mobile. It is very important to verify that the filename of the
flight log contains the serial number of the secure flight recorder.

The only way to upload to the OLC right now is to use the OLC web site. It
does not work to upload directly from SeeYou.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

eb.com...

Old November 22nd 11, 02:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cliff Hilty[_2_]

He means taht on the main page of the OLC you will see a tab for "Direct
Claim" use this link and it will step you through the process to upload the
IGC file directly to the OLC from your laptop or desktop computer. I too
have found that my older version of SeeYou does not work for uploading and
I can only do it through the direct claim link.

CH

Old November 22nd 11, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BillT

On Nov 23, 1:48*am, Cliff Hilty
wrote:
He means taht on the main page of the OLC you will see a tab for "Direct
Claim" use this link and it will step you through the process to upload the
IGC file directly to the OLC from your laptop or desktop computer. I too
have found that my older version of SeeYou does not work for uploading and
I can only do it through the direct claim link.

CH

Don't know what he means by "direct claim method".

Cheers,
Graeme- Hide quoted text -

The flight log file I tried to upload was "1BJC3VB1" Does this include
the 302 logger serial No?
Thanks, Bill
Old November 23rd 11, 06:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

On 11/22/2011 11:35 AM, BillT wrote:

The flight log file I tried to upload was "1BJC3VB1" Does this include
the 302 logger serial No?
Thanks, Bill

It looks right, _IF_ it's really 1BJC3VB1.igc you are uploading. Got to
have the ".igc" on the end.

email me)
Old November 23rd 11, 06:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BillT

On Nov 23, 5:13*pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:
On 11/22/2011 11:35 AM, BillT wrote:

The flight log file I tried to upload was "1BJC3VB1" Does this include
the 302 logger serial No?
Thanks, *Bill

It looks right, _IF_ it's really 1BJC3VB1.igc you are uploading. Got to
have the ".igc" on the end.

email me)

Just checked & it had ".IGC" on the end? Any other suggestions?
Thanks, Bill

Martin's claims Ian[_3_] Piloting 15 June 7th 08 02:37 AM
EW models A-D - US CLAIMS ON HOLD [email protected] Soaring 0 July 20th 07 05:19 PM
Only six US OLC flight claims? Mike the Strike Soaring 10 November 30th 06 12:25 AM
Aren't and his claims of German U2 invention Wayne Allen Military Aviation 20 February 21st 04 06:59 AM
How find out one's aviation insurance claims history? Aviation Claims Information Bureau? cloudclimbr Owning 1 February 15th 04 11:16 PM