Taiwan fighter jets land on freeway (Pics)

Old May 15th 07, 11:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
adelsonsl

Default Taiwan fighter jets land on freeway (Pics)

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=23234998
Old May 16th 07, 12:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
C Charland

How did the two photos of the French Mirage get mixed in with the other
shots??????

Old May 16th 07, 07:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Proton Fox

"C Charland" wrote in news:dFr2i.245$kB.223
@read2.cgocable.net:

How did the two photos of the French Mirage get mixed in with the other
shots??????

Umm...because the ROCAF (Taiwan's Air Force) bought 60 Mirage 2000-5 EI and
DI models and has operated the type for a decade, maybe?
Old May 16th 07, 08:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew-S

The two thoughts that come to mind are the damage to the asphalt from those
afterburners... As in I bet the there is one hell of a pot hole afterwards.
and the other is for them to try doing that here in Northern Virginia on
I66, the Fairfax County Parkway, I95 or the Washington DC Metro Beltway.

"Honest I was on my way into work when the VA State Police closed I66 and a
pair of F16s landed right in front of me!!!"

Andrew