Muslim skydiving centre opens in Iran

Old September 7th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Muslim skydiving centre opens in Iran

Iran open's World's first Muslim women's skydiving center.

From: http://www.islamonline.com/news/news...hp?newid=16548

Paaviation has recently opened the world's first Muslim skydiving
center for women.

Due to Islamic regulations, Muslim women are not permitted to jump
with male skydive instructors (they would be intimately harnessed
together). This problem was overcome by using female instructors ( a
female student strapped to a female instructor is perfectly acceptable
under Islamic regulations) .

Commercial Director of Paaviation, (WWW.PAAVIATION.COM) Dean Ghobadi
said; "We can uniquely allow Muslim women to experience the thrill and
exhilaration of skydiving, in accordance with Islamic regulations.
This has been long overdue for Muslim women and will be an important
women's sporting and recreational activity in the Middle East."

They have exclusive use of a brand new Britten-Norman Islander
aircraft. (This is the first western made aircraft, factory supplied
to Iran since the Revolution in 1979)

They will be based at Azadi airport, just 50km from Tehran, on the
Tehran-Qazvin Highway. They have British and European instructors with
full USPA and BPA international certification, ensuring that "our male
and female students will be trained in a safe and highly professional
manner."

"We are very proud to have introduced this thrilling and exciting new
sport in Iran. We extend a warm welcome to Muslims and non-Muslims
around the world, male or female, young or old, to visit us in sunny
Iran," said Ghobadi.

Source: AJP

Old September 7th 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 10:25:47 -0700, wrote in
om:

Iran open's World's first Muslim women's skydiving center.

Will the women be permitted to wear functional parachutes when they
jump? Of is this an alternate punishment for those sentenced to being
stoned to death? :-)

The Iranians let their women do all sorts of fun stuff.

Personally I have no problem with the idea of thowing Iranians out of
aircraft. With or without a parachute.

Old September 7th 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NoneYa

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
Larry Dighera wrote:
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 10:25:47 -0700, wrote in
om:

Iran open's World's first Muslim women's skydiving center.

Will the women be permitted to wear functional parachutes when they
jump? Of is this an alternate punishment for those sentenced to being
stoned to death? :-)

The Iranians let their women do all sorts of fun stuff.

Personally I have no problem with the idea of thowing Iranians out of
aircraft. With or without a parachute.

They look like a bunch of ****ing giant bats
on ropes. LOL!!
Old September 8th 07, 03:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

wrote in message
ps.com...
Iran open's World's first Muslim women's skydiving center.

From: http://www.islamonline.com/news/news...hp?newid=16548

Paaviation has recently opened the world's first Muslim skydiving
center for women.

Due to Islamic regulations, Muslim women are not permitted to jump
with male skydive instructors (they would be intimately harnessed
together). This problem was overcome by using female instructors ( a
female student strapped to a female instructor is perfectly acceptable
under Islamic regulations) .

What does Islamic law say about rules of aerodynamics?

Old September 8th 07, 07:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Roger (K8RI)

From:
http://www.islamonline.com/news/news...hp?newid=16548

Paaviation has recently opened the world's first Muslim skydiving
center for women.

Due to Islamic regulations, Muslim women are not permitted to jump
with male skydive instructors (they would be intimately harnessed

They don't trust them to jump alone or using a static line?
Up here they throw you out the door and two instructors jump with you.
You freeze up and one of them will pull the chute.

The thought of a tandem jump scares the crap out of me. The thought of
jumping alone never has.

Old September 9th 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Sep 8, 7:24 am, "Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net
wrote:

Personally I have no problem with the idea of throwing Iranians out of
aircraft. With or without a parachute.

Without.
Saves on the gear retrieval time

Old September 11th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
muff528

"Roger (K8RI)" wrote in message
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 10:25:47 -0700, wrote:

The thought of a tandem jump scares the crap out of me. The thought of
jumping alone never has.

Roger (K8RI)

I did a couple of tandem jumps when I first started jumping. I didn't know
enough
to be scared then. However, I did get scared after I had some experience
under
my belt (maybe around jump #200 or so) and was asked if I wanted to do a
free jump. All
I heard was "free jump" and I stopped listening. :-) I was to be the first
non-examiner
tandem passenger for a newly graduated tandem instructor. After new tandem
pilots
completed their instruction by an instructor/examiner, they were required to
make a couple
of jumps with experienced jumpers before being signed off to take paying
passengers.
Although the jump itself did not scare me (after all, I did have access to
all the handles)
the ride to altitude did! Of the 40 jumpers in the DC-3, I was the only one
not wearing a rig.
Weird feeling! I caught myself subconsciously checking straps, handles,
flaps, etc. that
weren't there!

For what it's worth here, a tandem jump is an excellent way to introduce
yourself to
skydiving. Most tandem pilots will be happy to show you the workings of the
rig
and allow you to do the honors at "pull-time". And if you forget you can
bet your
butt that the instructor won't. (Even if he does, a barometrically activated
device
will initiate a reserve parachute deployment.) I wonder if a tandem jump
will
familiarize a pilot to the environment so that if the need arose he/she
would know
what to expect.

Blue Skies, Tony P.

Bitterwasse Lodge & Flying Centre Charles Yeates Soaring 6 May 20th 07 07:34 PM
Columns by a Canadian centre controller David Megginson Instrument Flight Rules 1 August 9th 04 10:05 PM
Practical IFR Question (for centre controllers) David Megginson Instrument Flight Rules 10 December 4th 03 11:26 PM
Glider/Skydiving Crash dm Soaring 0 September 27th 03 05:13 PM
WOW - Shots fired at skydiving plane in NY... Buff5200 Piloting 15 July 14th 03 06:37 PM