I have an opinion on global warming!

Old April 9th 07, 05:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

Default I have an opinion on global warming!

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

Some doubt? The Vikings planted crops, including vineyards, in Greenland,
which unless you missed it, is completed covered in permanent ice.

Exactly!

The biggest effect of more CO2 in the atmosphere would really be faster
plant growth and increased crop yeilds. I have heard that warmer
temperatures would also be helpfull in the same regard. The figure I have
heard stated as optimum is 8 degrees--although I don't know on which
scale.

I do find it ironic that the same people who claimed that parsimony was a
vice when I was in school are now the ones who say we should shut down the
western world--and of course become vegetarians. Notice that the never
say
adopt sound conservation practices, convert to nuclear power, or do much
of
anything else that actually works; as that would be parsimony. (End of
rant)

In the 60's and 70's, Cpaitlaism was BAD because it caused poverty; today
it's BAD because it causes too much prosperity.

And port (excuse ) in a strom.

Old April 9th 07, 05:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Matt Whiting wrote:

If we could show Gore a way to make money for himself from advocating
parsimony, he'd be on that band wagon in a heart beat.

Matt

It's not just making money that is important to him. The key is that it is
keeping him politically relevant.

Old April 9th 07, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Aluckyguess" wrote in message
news
Scientists on global warming. If you find that it is warming you still
have a job, if you find there is no such thing and its all bull you have
no job.

That the earth is warming/warmed is beyond doubt. If it DIDN'T, we'd still
be stuck in the Ice Ages (nice for skiers, but...).

The hacks, promoting themselves as "scientists" _conveniently leave out the
main, salient points.

Most noticably, that overall, the would be many benefits (think: tropical
jungle).

Oh, and I notice the MSM touting how a warmer world would be ridilled with
droughts -- evidently, the MSM bozo's have forgotten the hydrolic cycle
(evidently, they paid as much attention in Scicne class as they did in math,
economics...

Old April 9th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 09:37:53 -0700, Matt Barrow wrote:

you welcomed them

I didn't.
Nor did my parents.

But you will refer to "you" even in another 50 years.

#m
--
I am not a terrorist. http://www.casualdisobedience.com/
Old April 9th 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Martin Hotze writes:

I didn't.
Nor did my parents.

In France, the number of former members of the Resistance increases every
year.

Old April 9th 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

"Matt Barrow" wrote:

Dan your credibility just went to ZERO.

Hah!

A couple of guys fond of regurgitating discredited and irrelevant old
chestnuts alleging to refute AGW talk about credibility? It is to guffaw.
Why don't you tell us about the best vintages from them ol' Greenland
vineyards?

And BTW, Matt, did you catch that bit from Tony about "it's just a theory?"
Who does that remind you of?

You boys can go on back to watching TGGWS and listening to talk radio now.
Neither one of you can see past your own politics.

'bye.

--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM

Old April 9th 07, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Denny

The current global warming pendulum is on a 15,000 year swing (and
probably longer)... Mans production of CO2 since the industrial
revolution has perhaps hastened the rate of warming... But, even
without man on the planet the warming cycle would have occurred, the
glaciers would have retreated, and we would be close to where we are
now... At worst case we accellerated the rate of glacier retreat by a
small amount... In the grand scheme of things this is not even a blip
on the graph...

So, in spite of AL G's hysterical wailings, global warming was not
caused by man and man cannot stop it, control it, or even slow it...
This warming cycle is mere foreplay leading up to the next cycle of
glaciation... Lean back, relax, and enjoy it... We are just along for
the ride... Tis better to live in a period of warming than to live in
a period of glaciation...

denny

Old April 9th 07, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Apr 9, 11:28 pm, Matt Whiting wrote:

If we could show Gore a way to make money for himself from advocating
parsimony, he'd be on that band wagon in a heart beat.

You -could- always use him as a plug in one of those evil volcanoes
that are pumping thousands of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere every
day...
At last, a use for old politicians

Old April 10th 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
.. .

"Gene Seibel" wrote in message
ups.com...

In addition I recently heard that some surface reporting stations in
Siberia
ceased operation--so that data was simply omitted from the calculations.

Since any resulting error would be in the "correct" direction, according
the current Gore sycophants, there is no reason to correct for the

missing
data, nor to work to put the reporting stations back on line.

Even suface observations have been, historically, located in developed
areas. Those areas are, today, greatly increased in size and

infrasturcture,
that creates what;s known as "heat island effect".

An honest scientists (redundant?) would correct for that; an

agenda-driven
hack, OTOH, plays games with the data.

You're exactly right.

I was not familiar with the term, although I was familiar with the symptoms,
but "heat island effect" was almost certianly the phenomenon discussed in
the recent thread regarding "...colder at the approach end..."

Peter

Old April 10th 07, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
vincent p. norris

a mere Congressional representative.....

Jay, perhaps you playhed hookey the day your seventh-grade teacher
explained the order of succession to the Presidency.

vince norris

lowrance 500 opinion d&tm Piloting 2 March 17th 07 07:57 AM
Aviation Conspiracy: CBS Spotlights Aviation's Effect On Global Warming!!! Free Speaker General Aviation 1 August 3rd 06 07:24 PM
Your opinion about helmets? Dave Russell Aerobatics 8 March 13th 04 03:32 PM
Opinion on club share Paul Folbrecht Owning 10 January 8th 04 06:17 AM
Opinion on this please Frederick Wilson Home Built 11 December 24th 03 07:01 PM