re.aviation.ifr

Old March 12th 05, 06:31 PM
Tom Fleischman

Default re.aviation.ifr

I'm planning a trip for mid-May from WHite Plains, NY (KHPN) to Santa
Fe, NM (KSF). I'm wondering if anyone here has made a similar flight
and has any advice for me.

I will be single-pilot IFR, will be flying a Beech Debonair and am
planning to file for a TAS of 165kts at 10,000'. I've broken the route
up into three legs of approximately 3.5 to 4 hours each.

Leg 1: HPN to Findlay, OH (KFDY) via SAX V188 FQM V226 CIP V30 DJB V14
FDY

Leg 2: FDY to Olathe, KS (KOJC) via FDY V38 MAPPS V233 CAP V50 UIN V116
MCM V424 ANX V10 OJC

Leg 3: OJC to Santa Fe via OJC V10 HUT V234 DHT V190 LVS V60 TAFOY SAF

I could fly lower for the first two legs, but the MEA after DHT on leg
3 requires 10,000'. I would like not to have to carry oxygen if I can
avoid it. Assuming decent weather is it ridiculous to think that this
trip can be made in one long day? I'm not at all adverse to stopping
for an overnight at OJC, but would like to try and do it in one day if
possible.

I'd appreciate any feedback on this. Do any of you who fly regularly
along this route see any "gotcha's" with this plan?

Thanks in advance...