"Slapping The Crap Out Of The FAA."

Old November 9th 07, 05:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
LeroyJones

Default "Slapping The Crap Out Of The FAA."

Many of you are now following the exploits of our friends in
Rockland County, New York as they fight the Failed Aviation
Administration over some cockamamie plan to reroute aircraft
in and around New York City. For those of you who are
unfamiliar with the combatant citizens, you can read about
them in the dictionary under the heading, "Slapping The Crap
Out Of The FAA."

John Tormey is one of the leaders of the effort and I think
I love him. He writes just like I do! His latest letter to
the agency is noteworthy on several fronts, not the least of
which is the ELEVEN LAWSUITS in five states this group has
aided in being brought against the thugs from 800 Independence.

Many in NATCA have long advocated a guerilla campaign of
lawsuits against the agency in every jurisdiction in the
land. The chances of success are immaterial; the agency is
unlikely to proceed with any plan that requires them to
defend themselves in 15,000 separate actions.

Here's the latest from the Quiet Rockland group. Read it
and laugh, and think. What if NATCA employed an aggressive
strategy such as this one---in the FAA's face and in the
courts? What if NATCA quit "building bridges" and started
building cases? What if NATCA quit trying to get on
weenie-rubbing workgroups and started trying to get on court
dockets? What if NATCA stopped yucking it up in all-smiles
pictures with the Administrator and started mucking up all
the FAA's anti-worker policies with lawsuits?

According to this letter there are nine outstanding FOIA
requests and eleven lawsuits pending against the agency in
five states over THIS ONE ISSUE, and guess what? The FAA
has not proceeded with the airspace initiative. I wonder
how many outstanding FOIA requests NATCA has, and how many
lawsuits they have filed in state and federal court against
the FAA for harm to the membership?

Law Office of John J. Tormey III, Esq.

John J. Tormey III, PLLC

217 East 86th Street, PMB 221

New York, NY 10028 USA

(212) 410-4142 (phone)

(845) 735-9691 (phone and voicemail)

(212) 410-2380 (fax)

e-mail: ”

http://www.tormey.org”

UNDER THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT (“FOIA”)

5 UNITED STATES CODE SECTION 552 ET SEQ. (5 U.S.C. §552[a][6])

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

VIA E-MAIL: ”, ”,

VIA FAX: 1-202-493-5032, and VIA U.S. MAIL

Douglas C. Taylor, Ph.D.

Manager, Planning and Freedom of Information Act Management
Staff

Assistant Administrator for Regions and Center Operations, ARC-1

U.S. Department of Transportation - Federal Aviation
Administration

800 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, DC 20591 USA

“The Dukes Of Sturgell”

Your E-Mail Of 11/02/07 To Thomas Sullivan of
Quiet Rockland

The People of Rockland County, New York adv. FAA

The FAA’s Current Plan To Direct Incremental
Airplane Traffic Over Rockland County, New York -
“NY/NJ/PA Airspace Redesign”

The FAA’s Failed Responses To My FOIA Requests And Appeals

Dear Doctor Taylor:

1. Introduction. As you know, Thomas Sullivan is my
colleague and a co-founding member of “Quiet Rockland”.
“Quiet Rockland” is one of numerous citizen and community
organizations like “NJCAAN” and “Save Our Airspace”
dedicated to opposing and defeating your FAA’s wasteful and
harmful abomination known as the “NY/NJ/PA Airspace
Redesign”, that seeks to destroy our way of life on the
ground. When Mr. Sullivan learned of the FAA’s indefensible
persistent pattern of lies, data concealment, stalls,
recidivist obfuscation, and arrant subversion of justice in
response to all nine (9) of my July 2007 FOIA requests and
all six (6) appeals therefrom, he was rightfully outraged.
So am I, outraged, and so are the people of Rockland County.
You and your FAA colleagues act like hiding kitchen
cockroaches when the overhead light gets turned on at night.
Your strategy, your modus operandi, is scatter-and-conceal.
This letter puts the light where it belongs - on all of you.

2. Your Condescending E-Mail To Mr. Sullivan. Though
sprinkled with perfunctory “Dear Mr. Sullivan”, “Thank you”,
and “Sincerely” references, your and the FAA’s 11/02/07
e-mailed response to Mr. Sullivan (a copy of which is
attached below) - which I note you also cc’d by “Reply all”
e-mail to sixteen (16) of our federal, NY state, and
Rockland County officials - absolutely drips with obnoxious,
arrogant, and pompous insult to Mr. Sullivan, insult to me,
and insult to the people of Rockland County. Quoth you:

“[S]o to prevent any misunderstandings as to the [FOIA]
program and [your office’s] function...”?

You have got to be kidding me, Doctor Taylor. Mr. Sullivan
and I both understand your and your office’s function
completely. It is eminently clear from the documents posted
at “http://tinyurl.com/3yd9em”. Your office’s function is to
endeavor to give cover to your truth-desecrating FAA
co-venturers on the same payroll as you. You all engage in a
common depraved enterprise to deny the American public
knowledge and information. Your office’s function, like the
function of your FAA colleagues, is to abuse with derisive
contempt the core principles that made this country, its
Constitution, and its laws great in their respective
inceptions. With the only exception being great and profound
respect for Mr. Sturgell’s military and Top Gun service, you
people are the un-patriots. Those of us that now know, will
do everything humanly possible within the law to ensure that
all of you are out of the FAA and instead working with your
friends at the greedily-profiteering airline companies back
where you all belong, by Year 2009 if not sooner. Citizens
like me have absolutely HAD it with your and the FAA’s
numbing, incessant hand-jive. You are playing with our
lives. We don’t play. And in my view the rank FOIA and other
FAA misconduct is beneath the office of a regaled military
man like Mr. Sturgell.

3. You Are A FOIA Officer Who Cannot Even Provide Consistent
And Accurate Information As To Your Own Name. Never mind
that you misspelled my last name as “Tromey”[sic] in the
first line of your e-mail to Mr. Sullivan. The first real
problem posed in your e-mail, is the problem of discerning
YOUR real identity and apparent multiple personalities. As
you know, your prior hard-copy letters to me indicate your
name as “Douglas C. Taylor, Ph.D.” Yet you electronically
“signed” your e-mail to Mr. Sullivan (copy below) as,
instead, “D.C. Taylor” - which sounds like either a
reference to electrical current, or else a reference to the
geographical situs of most of the FAA’s lawbreaking conduct
to date. Even more puzzling, your e-mail to Mr. Sullivan was
sent
from an e-mail account of:

”.

“Duke”?

4. Your Use Of Multiple Aliases Is An Apparent Attempt To
Avoid Service Of Process And Subpoena. The only reason I can
divine why a government official charged with the legal
responsibility of providing consistent and accurate
information to the public, would even try to use perp-like
multiple aliases when providing information about himself,
would be in an ill-conceived effort to seek to avoid service
of process and the subpoena power. In case you are
wondering, that’s a bush-league tactic that doesn’t work. In
my prior FOIA appeal correspondence to you and your
colleagues - again, which will continue to be posted at
http://tinyurl.com/3yd9em” - I have endeavored to
consistently refer to you as “Doctor Taylor” or “Dr.
Taylor”, and not “Duke”. “Duke” is instead a friendly
appellation that I instead reserve for reference to John
Wayne. Duke Snider. “Duke of Earl”. Duke of Bedford. Cartoon
character “Ambassador Duke” of “Doonesbury”. But the most
telling “Duke” cross-reference, in the plural, is that to
the benign redneck motorists known as “The Dukes of Hazzard”
portrayed by Tom Wopat and John Schneider with Catherine
Bach at their side in the late 1970’s-to-1980’s television
series of same name.

5. “The Dukes Of Sturgell”. There is a reason why I conjure
up the spectre of “The Dukes of Hazzard” now and in this
letter. It is to reassure you and your FAA colleagues of the
following. The abominably-inept and deliberately-deceitful
FAA “handling” of my FOIA requests and appeals to date,
makes the maladroit characters of “Boss Hogg” and “Sheriff
Rosco P. Coltrane” from “The Dukes of Hazzard” look entirely
proficient by comparison - comparison, that is, to the
atrocious failures and abuses of your bumbling FAA
colleagues Douglas R. Murphy, Felix J. Enriquez, Pearlis
Johnson, et al. - and your own as well. With this
recognition of the spin-off tragi-comedy now herein
proclaimed as “The Dukes Of Sturgell”, I trust that I am
also now talking in a language of pop Americana that all of
you at the FAA, conceivably weaned on the original TV show,
fully understand. But as a personal aside, if I were you, I
would change my work and governmental e-mail address to
something other than “Duke”.

6. Why A Doc(tor)?. I am going to continue to refer to you
as “Doctor Taylor”, even though my usual inclination is to
save such reference instead for the type of doctor that
actually helps people. For one thing, I do this as a
continuing reminder to you of the lofty standard to which
that licensure would ostensibly otherwise hold you, and also
would hold your FAA colleagues who speak through you. For
another thing, “Doctor Taylor” will serve as a continuing
homage to the SPIN-doctors and other airline company patsies
and tools that almost entirely comprise the FAA. Finally,
“Doctor Taylor” references will serve as a continuing
reminder of how incensed all the people of Rockland County
are at the fact that the FAA stooped to doctoring and
falsifying FOIA reply documents to me - in a letter sent to
me under your signature, in the context of FOIA Appeal
#2007-006536(ES). No, I may not think “Duke” is an apropos
salutation - but you bet that I think “Doctor”, is, under
the circumstances you yourself created in collaboration with
Mr. Murphy and other habitually-deceptive FAA personnel.

7. The FAA’s Pattern Of Lies And Deceit. As you know, to
date I have served the following nine (9) FOIAs on the FAA.
The FAA is 0-for-9 in “reply”, as illustrated by the below
non-exhaustive summary of FAA violations of federal law:

FOIA ONE. #2007-006549AN/(ES). FOIA Request, and Appeal
(Maps and Pictures) - The FAA purposefully stalled, and
violated its response deadline to provide maps and pictorial
images; duplicitously pretended this FOIA sought information
from a third-party’s website when it instead sought FAA
agency records; pulled a “bait-and-switch” by re-sending me
material which the FAA knew I already had; failed to provide
adequate contact information for you, the FOIA officer
handling the appeal; falsely denied that the FOIA topic was
in the public interest of thousands if not millions of
people; and rejected a valid claim for expedited response
and imminent need of the FOIA’d documents.

FOIA TWO. #2007-006536(ES). FOIA Request, and Appeal (Kelley
Employment File) - The FAA violated its response deadline;
completely screwed up its “Control Number” assignment so as
to try to deliberately obfuscate further tracking; feigned a
nonsensical suggestion that the Steve Kelley personnel file
might not exist; denied a valid claim for expedited response
and fee waiver; feigned a mis-reading of the appeal; and
then falsified a purposefully back-dated letter that had
never been sent to me in the first instance while you and
Douglas Murphy lied to me in writing about it.

FOIA THREE. #2007-006552(ES). FOIA Request, and Appeal
(Carpenter Contractor File) - The FAA violated its response
deadline; purposefully misread my FOIA’s call for
independent contractor records relating to Scott Carpenter;
and then furnished me a wholly-false “no records response”
on the Carpenter documents.

FOIA FOUR. #2007-006720(ES). FOIA Request, and Appeal
(Flown-Over And Avoided Municipalities) - The FAA violated
its response deadline; gaffed misspelling and typographical
error in reply; purposefully confused two different FOIA’s
by date and Control Number so as to thereby falsify a “no
records response”; and invented a fictitious FOIA of a
fictitious date that did not exist so as to endeavor to
further obfuscate tracking.

FOIA FIVE. #2007-006722(ES). FOIA Request (Notices To
Rockland Officials) - The FAA violated its response
deadline, and has failed to substantively respond to this
FOIA to date for over three (3) months after its service on
the FAA.

FOIA SIX. #2007-006723(ES). FOIA Request (Notices To Other
Municipalities) - The FAA violated its response deadline,
and has failed to substantively respond to this FOIA to date
for over three (3) months after its service on the FAA.

FOIA SEVEN. #2007-006724(ES). FOIA Request, and Appeal
(Altitude, Frequency, Decibels, Percentages) - The FAA
violated its response deadline; failed to even identify
which of six (6) separate FOIA’s was thereby receiving a
“reply”; and thereby feigned yet another parrot-like “no
records response”.

FOIA EIGHT. #2007-006725(ES). FOIA Request, and Appeal
(Environmental Impact And Other Questions) - The FAA
violated its response deadline; mischaracterized and
purposefully misread the FOIA; and summarily directed me to
a website when my FOIA had specifically already required
documents not posted on that same website.

FOIA NINE. #2007-006789(ES). FOIA Request (Other Redesign
Documents) - The FAA violated its response deadline, and has
failed to substantively respond to this FOIA to date for
over three (3) months after its service on the FAA.

8. You Stun Me. It is stunning and ludicrous for you to
state to Mr. Sullivan, as you did in your e-mail to him
re-printed below, that “the FAA FOIA office does not hide
facts from the public”. Indeed, hiding facts from the public
is the TOTALITY of what you and your FAA colleagues do.
That’s ALL you do, Doctor Taylor. Your middle name is “No
Records Response”. The proof is cited above; posted on
http://tinyurl.com/3yd9em”; and chronicled in the annals of
so many other web-postings of those commentators that have
fought similar FOIA battles with you and your colleagues at
the FAA. “Hiding The Ball” is probably the title of the
first chapter in your FAA employee training manual - a
manual which I am sure that you and your colleagues would
much sooner run through the shredder, than ever produce to
me in response to a subsequent FOIA. But that reminds me.
There will be subsequent FOIAs. You and I are just getting
started.

9. Your E-Mail To Mr. Sullivan Is Internally Inconsistent.
What is markedly noticeable about your 11/02/07 e-mailed
response to Mr. Sullivan, is how self-contradictory it is,
even within the writing’s own four corners. On the one hand,
you would have Mr. Sullivan believe that you individually
are somehow divorced from, and therefore not responsible
for, the pattern of lies regularly propagated by your FAA
FOIA colleagues. You indicate “My office is not the
custodian of the agency’s records”. That is a lame
malevolent an excuse along the lines of “Not my department”,
or even, worse yet, “I was only following orders”. Moreover,
your statement is, once again, not true. The fact of the
matter is, by your e-mail’s own admission, you do take
physical custody of those same materials to review them.

10. You Are Part Of The Enterprise. The fact of the matter,
is that which is already amply demonstrated by the FOIA and
FOIA appeal documents posted at “http://tinyurl.com/3yd9em”,
and what is already confirmed by your own written admission
in your below-reprinted e-mail. For you and your office to
respond to FOIA appeals, you must “work closely”, your
words, with your colleagues in the FAA. Let’s face it,
Doctor Taylor - you are not only acting in concert with
them, but your whole assigned function is to cover up for
them. That’s your job. Before you sign off on any one of an
endless series of “no records responses”, you are yourself
required to review the totality of documents responsive to
the underlying FOIA which your colleagues initially seek to
wrongfully and unlawfully suppress from public light and
knowledge. You then inevitably rubber-stamp the malicious
concealment of documents initiated by your FAA cronies.
Then, you summarily advise me of same in your now
seemingly-endless series of faux naif letters to me. It’s a
game you play.

11. Your Job Is Actually To Root Out The Documents And
Murphy’s Lies. Indeed, if you came to believe that someone
like Douglas R. Murphy was hiding hot documents in his own
employee desk drawer away from your view, it would be your
obligation as an employee of the federal government to go to
his desk drawer and make him pull those documents out, so
that, at minimum, your own response to me on the appeal
would be something better than Mr. Murphy’s
now-characteristic disingenuous concealment of materials.
Many lawyers have to do the exact same thing with their
in-house clients. The fact that you don’t do it, the fact
that you refuse to do it - as witnessed by your
wholly-insufficient laughable non-responses to my FOIA
requests and appeals to date - simply further underscores
that you are part-and-parcel of the same mendacious
conspiratorial operation perpetrated by your FAA colleagues.
You are all the same Tombstone Agency that Mrs. Schiavo
decried many years earlier in Congressional testimony.
Liars, and ghouls. Nothing since changed.

12. You And The FAA Are Not Going To Get Away With It. I and
the rest of my friends and neighbors in Rockland County, New
York are going to continue to make sure that the entire
county, state, and country continue to know all of this.
Just as was done with the “The FAA Is Lying To America”
video now in heavy rotation on “http//www.youtube.com”. Just
as is chronicled by former NATCA head John Carr at his “The
Main Bang” website at “http://themainbang.typepad.com”. Just
as is chronicled at “http://www.quietrockland.com”,
http://www.saverocklandairspace.com”, and
http://tinyurl.com/3yd9em”. Just as Steve Kelley’s own
disingenuous and fumbling statements alone made abundantly
clear, as captured on videotape. (See videotape of the July
12, 2007 Meeting with FAA’s Steve Kelley and other FAA
officials held in Ramapo, New York; and videotape of the
July 30, 2007 Meeting with FAA’s Steve Kelley and other FAA
officials held in Hillburn, New York, both posted at
http://www.ramapo.org” at the website’s “Live and Archived
Video” section).

13. Eleven Federal Court Litigations And Counting. All that
said, there are some facts that you and your FAA colleagues
can no longer hide from the public. They have already been
exposed to the disinfectant of sunlight. These facts will
continue to be exposed during the civil discovery process
and otherwise, in what I now gather are no less than eleven
(11) separate litigations initiated against the FAA
regarding the Airspace Redesign.

NEW YORK

1. County of Rockland v. FAA. DC Cir., Doc. 07-1363.

NEW JERSEY

2 NJCAAN v. FAA. 3rd Cir., Doc. 07-3983.

3. Borough of Emerson(NJ) et al. v. FAA. 3rd Cir., Doc. 07-3984.

4. Board of Freeholders, County of Bergen v. FAA. 3rd Cir,
Doc. 07-3959.

5. City of Elizabeth v. FAA. 3rd Cir., Doc. 07-4214.

6. County of Union v. FAA. 3rd Cir., Doc. 07- 4120.

CONNECTICUT

7. New Canaan et al. v. FAA. 2nd Cir., Doc. 07- ________.

8. State of CT v. FAA. 2nd Cir., Doc. 07- ________.

PENNSYLVANIA

9. County of Delaware v US Dept. of Trans. 3rd Cir., Doc.
07-3738.

DELAWARE

10. New Castle County v. FAA. 3rd Cir., Doc. ______.

OTHER

11. Friends of the Rockefeller State Park v. FAA. DC Cir.,
Doc. 07- _______.

14. The FAA Wasted A Ton Of Money. The fact of the matter is
that the FAA blew over US$53,000,000 to date on an
ill-conceived and patently-defective Airspace Redesign, and
went and got itself sued for it, to date at least eleven
(11) separate times by communities in no less than five (5)
different states.

15. The FAA Purposefully Deprived Citizens Of Due Process.
The fact of the matter is that the FAA did everything
possible to intentionally deprive Rockland County, New York
residents of their rights to due process; their rights to
have a meaningful opportunity to be heard; and their rights
to have their comments considered in the DEIS, FEIS, and the
process generally.

16. The FAA Strategically Railroaded The R/O/D. The fact of
the matter is that the FAA purposefully railroaded-through a
Record of Decision (R/O/D) on the Redesign during the summer
2007 months whilst the FAA hoped most citizens were away on
summer vacation.

17. The FAA Sneaked The Plan Through Summer Vacation. The
fact of the matter is that the FAA purposefully issued the
R/O/D on the September 5, 2007 date, a date upon which
virtually everyone was returning to work, school, and their
homes. The FAA scheduled it this way, so as to minimize if
not totally eliminate public response and comment, and to
purposefully trample upon the procedural rights which
Rockland County residents would otherwise have.

18. The FAA Tried To Ramrod A Marion Blakey “Legacy”. The
fact of the matter is that the FAA tried to sneak the
Redesign in, under the wire, before ex-FAA Administrator and
glorified publicist Marion Blakey left her office on
September 13, 2007 in favor of Robert (“Bobby”) Sturgell.
Incidentally, I was going to otherwise try to avoid the
“Bobby” moniker just like the “Duke” moniker, since “Bobby”,
too, sounds like a character from “The Dukes of Hazzard”.
However, I gather from his own press and comments that
“Bobby” is how the Administrator really likes to refer to
himself. So be it. He’s “Bobby”. You’re still “Doctor Taylor”.

19. The FAA Purposefully Excluded Rockland From Bona Fide
Timely Hearings. The fact of the matter is that the FAA
admitted this summer that the FAA had previously held 120
hearings on the Airspace Redesign, and not one of the 120
was held in Rockland County, NY - even though a mere
examination of the new proposed flight map at
http://www.quietrockland.com” clearly shows how obviously
and dramatically Rockland County is to be eviscerated by the
new proposed jumbo jet flights headed to Runway 22 in
Newark, NJ. You and your colleagues are effectively making
Chestnut Ridge, NY and Bergen County, NJ part of the runway.

20. The FAA Seeks To Destroy Our Habitats. The fact of the
matter is that your FAA cronies and lackeys seek to put
between 200 to 600 incremental jumbo jet overflights per day
over our homes and heads in Rockland County; at frequencies
as often as every 2.5 minutes; at altitudes of between 4,000
and 6,000 feet; and at decibel L-maxes or peaks of between
45 and 80 decibels. The fact of the matter is that you and
your FAA colleagues seek to destroy our homes, habitats,
environment, ecosystem, peace of mind, and way of life.

21. The FAA’s Sole Purpose Is To Maximize Airline Company
Profits. The fact of the matter is that you and all ghouls
who work at the FAA are acting in this manner solely to pad
the already-overstuffed pockets of the profiteer airline
companies for whom you all relentlessly and unashamedly
parrot and front, and in whose pockets you at the FAA all
dwell. You all are their private dancers.

22. The FAA Purposefully Excised Homeland Security Planning.
The fact of the matter is that the FAA wholly failed to
consider appropriate Homeland Security concerns when
concocting this farkakt proposed “Airspace Redesign”, and
wholly failed to adequately integrate the U.S. Department of
Homeland Security and other security professionals in the
process, thereby greatly increasing the physical risk to
Rocklanders and New Yorkers directly resulting from your
horrible new proposed flight plan.

23. The FAA Refuses To Protect The Indian Point Nuclear
Facility. The fact of the matter is that your FAA’s botched
Airspace Redesign has now resulted in no less than four (4)
U.S. Congresspersons calling you out for your insane
intention to run air-flights over the Indian Point nuclear
facility in Buchanan, New York - which is probably the
absolute dumbest national security move made by any federal
agency, ever, at any time in this country’s history.

24. We Are Not Going Away. The fact of the matter is that
every community in the northeast adversely affected or
otherwise threatened by the FAA’s soulless Airspace
Redesign, will continue to hold public rallies and
demonstrations; issue press releases; disseminate
information nationwide and worldwide; boycott airports; file
FOIA’s and FOIL’s; support our public officials and
litigation counsel in their continued efforts; and,
generally speaking, continue to repeatedly point out to the
media and the American public generally just how
incompetent, callously unfeeling, arrogant, non-law-abiding,
and contemptible the FAA and its people really are.

25. There Are 30 Million Of Us. The fact of the matter is
that your FAA’s Airspace Redesign threatens the lives and
livelihoods of approximately 47,000 people in Orangetown,
New York; 285,000 people in Rockland County, New York; and
approximately 30 million people in the northeast generally.
There are more of us than there are of you. This is a fight
that you and your inept and dishonest FAA colleagues are
going to lose, on the numbers alone.

26. The FAA Can Do Nothing BUT Lie. The fact of the matter
is that I and my Quiet Rockland colleagues have already
well-chronicled, in the documents posted at
http://tinyurl.com/3yd9em”, elsewhere, and otherwise, just
some of the many lies that your FAA has regularly tried to
force-feed us since the beginning of the Airspace Redesign
dialogue.

27. The FAA Short-Noticed, Misrepresented, And Then
Accelerated The Start Date. The fact of the matter is that
the FAA in July 2007 indicated that the Redesign would not
commence until 2011. But then, in more recent press
statements, “Bobby” Sturgell promptly accelerated the start
of implementation to now be December of this year. Another
lie. Another bait-and-switch.

28. The FAA Administrator Feigned Ignorance As To
Newly-Affected Parties. The fact of the matter is that
“Bobby” Sturgell indicated to a reporter in a recent press
conference that he had no idea what incremental number of
new people would hear new noise as a result of the Redesign
- when that statement had to have been either patently
untrue, or else wholly reflective of his own ignorance and
dereliction of duty as a federal governmental agency head.

29. The FAA Publicly Lied About The FOIA Requests. The fact
of the matter is that Steve Kelley lied to my face in front
of about 1,000 people and on videotape when he claimed he
did not produce the above-mentioned three (3) pages of
documents to me in response to a FOIA request.

30. The FAA Lied About The FEIS Comments. The fact of the
matter is that the FAA lied to the public while claiming it
only received five (5) comments on the FEIS, when in fact
the FAA had instead received hundreds or even thousands of
comments on it - and Congressman Eliot Engel then rightfully
blasted the FAA publicly for that lie.

31. The Deceitful Hydra Known As The FAA. The fact of the
matter is that the FAA lied to everyone about noise impact
so as to deceptively seek to minimize it - and lied about
decibels - and DNL - and altitudes - and flight locations -
and fly-over frequencies. Fuzzy maps. False promises. Lousy,
incomplete, and missing data. And you, Doctor Taylor, are
part of that very same deceitful hydra, everytime you
proffer yet another fake and deceptive response to cover up
for your FAA cohorts who make the initial mistake of lying
to me and the people of Rockland County in the first instance.

32. Krakowski’s Statements Make Sturgell A Liar. The fact of
the matter is that the two most relevant senior executives
within your dysfunctional-beyond-belief organization,
“Bobby” Sturgell and “Hank” Krakowski, cannot even agree
amongst themselves as to WHY the FAA persists in publicly
floating this mangled assaultive lie known as the Airspace
Redesign. FAA’s Steve Kelley first told us in Rockland that
the Redesign will save about 3 minutes, a figure already
belied and undercut by other data such as that obtained by
NJCAAN. Then, under pressure from the Administration,
“Bobby” Sturgell proclaimed to the press a few weeks ago
that the Redesign will bring a boastful 20% savings in
efficiencies - a figure which, when measured against
Kelley’s figure, means that the FAA must somehow be
sanctioning a lot of 15-minute flights! Obviously the 20%
figure was yet another in a long list of FAA
purposefully-scripted misrepresentations to try to
retroactively justify upwards of US$53 million in
already-blown funds.

33. The Band-Aid. Furthermore, last week before ATCA, FAA’s
COO Hank Krakowski admitted that the Airspace Redesign is,
in his words, but a “Band-Aid solution” to the congestion in
the skies. A Band-Aid solution! The FAA seeks to destroy our
homes and lives for a “Band-Aid solution”, which by
definition will have NO longevity or bona fide purpose?
That’s disgraceful. It is also beyond apparent that the FAA
personnel cannot even get their stories straight as between
themselves.

34. Why Would Krakowski Undermine Sturgell?. Perhaps Mr.
Krakowski must have been steamed at being passed over for
the Administrator job in favor of “Bobby” Sturgell, and if
so, now it’s clear why Mr. Krakowski would be right to be
angry. After all, with Krakowski’s damning
admission-against-FAA-interest about the Redesign being
merely a “Band-Aid” solution, it nevertheless now appears
that Mr. Krakowski is the only person at the FAA who can
come remotely close to telling anyone the truth. Sturgell’s
20% concoction was clearly not the truth and Krakowski
confirmed that for us. Thank Hank for making that much of
Quiet Rockland’s job that much easier - that is, after he
and “Bobby” Sturgell are finished in-fighting long enough to
get their stories straight.

35. Abort Now. The fact of the matter is, the Airspace
Redesign is an expensive failure that must be aborted now,
yet all of you FAA operatives nevertheless continue to cover
up for that fact with the only course of conduct in which
you are able to engage - lying and deceiving the public.
Your and your colleagues’ abusive and mendacious FOIA
is rotting and stinks from head to toe. No Band-Aid is going
to bring it back.

36. The Real Answers. The fact of the matter is, the answer
to airline traffic congestion is to reduce the number of
flights back down to the levels at which they were a few
years ago - before your FAA co-conspirators artificially
inflated the flight numbers with a wink and nod at the
airlines. The answer to airline traffic congestion is for
the FAA to start treating the air traffic controllers and
their union better, and cause them to be paid what they
deserve to be paid as professionals. The answer to airline
traffic congestion is to recruit more well-qualified air
traffic controllers in greater numbers, using better and
smarter methods, and stop trying to break their union. The
answer to airline traffic congestion is to improve the
equipment that the controllers and pilots are currently
using, and stop delaying that process. The answer to airline
traffic congestion is to effect reasonably-deduced flight
caps on number of flights across-the-board at New York area
airports, including Newark, instead of effecting them at JFK
airport alone - thereby filling more planes to capacity and
making the totality of all activity more fuel-efficient. The
answer to airline traffic congestion is to effect
congestion-pricing for flights for the affluent New York
region - analogous to what Mayor Bloomberg is doing for
motorist traffic on the Manhattan streets. Most of all, the
answer to airline traffic congestion is to stop effecting
Band-Aid solutions in claim of fixing it, while acting in
blatant and unlawful disregard for - and abusing the lives,
health, and sanctity of - the people on the ground.

37. Who Else Knows. Finally, this letter is being copied to
citizens in Rockland County, New York State, and elsewhere;
schools, administrators, and other interest groups and
interested parties in Rockland and environs; all U.S.
Senators; other public officials including Homeland Security
officials, Congresspersons, Legislators, Supervisors,
Council Members, and Mayors; the litigators who are handling
the eleven-and-counting pending lawsuits against the FAA in
response to the loathsome Airspace Redesign; the news media,
and of course your FAA colleague characters inhabiting “The
Dukes Of Sturgell”.

38. You Are Outnumbered. On 11/2 you wrote back to my “Quiet
Rockland” colleague Thomas Sullivan and thereby sought to
engage him in dialogue. When doing so you copied sixteen
(16) federal, state, and county officials on your e-mail to
Mr. Sullivan by hitting “Reply All”. Well, you and your FAA
colleagues want to continue a dialogue on the Airspace
Redesign? Then I’ve got your dialogue right here, Doctor
Taylor. It’s not stopping with this letter. I have a few
cc’s of my own on this e-mail back to you, and never forget
that we in Rockland County have more friends and support for
the foregoing than any of you at the FAA, put together, will
ever have.

39. In Closing. Rethink all of your FOIA responses. You blew
them all the first time.

The foregoing is written without prejudice to any right or
claim, all of which are hereby expressly reserved.

A copy of your e-mail to Thomas Sullivan which caused this
letter to issue, is printed immediately hereinbelow,
followed by a “cc” hard-copy distribution list. You can read
the e-mail cc’s for yourself, since, after all, you are a
doctor.

Very truly yours,

John J. Tormey III, Esq.