Solo Rigger For Sale

Old June 9th 16, 03:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Solo Rigger For Sale

This is made by a machinist and is a copy of those used in George
Applebay's shop, now Fidel's shop. No gas struts, no batteries, a screw
jack for raising and lowering the wing, slides forward and aft by hand.
Fiberglass wing cradle made by Fidel. Large tires for rough ground.
$500 plus shipping in the USA but I prefer it be picked up at Moriarty.

--
Dan, 5J
Old June 9th 16, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 9:10:57 PM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
This is made by a machinist and is a copy of those used in George
Applebay's shop, now Fidel's shop. No gas struts, no batteries, a screw
jack for raising and lowering the wing, slides forward and aft by hand.
Fiberglass wing cradle made by Fidel. Large tires for rough ground.
$500 plus shipping in the USA but I prefer it be picked up at Moriarty.

--
Dan, 5J

Hey Dan, do you have some pictures and do you know what wings it would work with/designed for?
Old June 10th 16, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow.

It will work with any wing up to a Mosquito for thickness. The trailing
edge clamp was welded up for a Mosquito but, when I got my LAK-17a,
which has a much thinner wing, I simply padded the trailing edge clamp
with a folded towel. But it's a simple matter to re-weld the clamp to
the proper angle or to fabricate an adjustable clamp. Seriously, I was
too busy flying to be bothered with modifying it.

What glider are you thinking of using it on?

Old June 10th 16, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Loye Hilton[_2_]

On 6/9/2016 2:29 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 9:10:57 PM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
This is made by a machinist and is a copy of those used in George
Applebay's shop, now Fidel's shop. No gas struts, no batteries, a

screw
jack for raising and lowering the wing, slides forward and aft by

hand.
Fiberglass wing cradle made by Fidel. Large tires for rough ground.
$500 plus shipping in the USA but I prefer it be picked up at

Moriarty.

--
Dan, 5J

Hey Dan, do you have some pictures and do you know what wings it

would
work with/designed for?

--
Dan, 5J
Dan, does the towel come with it or is that a extra charge? Could you get

Fidel to autograph and date it... All fun aside it is great and well worth
it.

Old June 11th 16, 11:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Solo Rigger For Sale - Some Pictures

Here are a few shots I took today.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qwi2hgyqr8...44.34.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ayrki5xxij...42.33.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5x7exyycsu...41.17.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gl8li1goy7...41.02.jpg?dl=0

Old June 12th 16, 05:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Oh yeah... And that's the Pipistrel that I have for sale in the
background of the third picture.

Old June 14th 16, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GeneReinecke

On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 8:10:57 PM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
This is made by a machinist and is a copy of those used in George
Applebay's shop, now Fidel's shop. No gas struts, no batteries, a screw
jack for raising and lowering the wing, slides forward and aft by hand.
Fiberglass wing cradle made by Fidel. Large tires for rough ground.
$500 plus shipping in the USA but I prefer it be picked up at Moriarty.

--
Dan, 5J

Hey Dan:
If you or any of your Moriarty buddies are driving to the Nationals in Utah this week can I make a suggestion: Send the wing rigger in the back of the truck/camper. Several of us were interested in it but would like to see it up close. I bet you will get it sold.
Contact me privately for more info: generein at aol.com
Gene
Old June 14th 16, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Good suggestion, Gene, but I think everyone who's going to Utah has
already left. Still, I'll ask around.

Dan

Contact me privately for more info: generein at aol.com
Gene