Slots available at the Spring 2017 Akaflieg Arnold

Old March 22nd 17, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default Slots available at the Spring 2017 Akaflieg Arnold

There is still room for a couple more attendees at the Spring 2017 Akaflieg at Arnold CA 17-22 April. The Winter Akaflieg was pretty well attended, so this time we got a larger cabin.

At our Akaflieg events you learn that making high-performance sailplanes from high-tech composites is something that pretty much anybody can do. You learn hands-on techniques for making large parts with a variety of materials including carbon fiber, Kevlar, and fiberglass.

We offer dorm-style accommodations at a rustic cabin near our Arnold, CA facility, with lunch and a family-style dinner provided each day. We also feature a guest speaker in the field of aeronautics or aerodynamics. We ask everyone to chip in $75/day to cover accommodations and catering.

The central project for this Akaflieg is making and closing an HP-24 fuselage shell. We may also do wing closure on a set of HP-24 wings, but that is not entirely certain at this point. Brigitta will be leading the first couple days, and I will be there Wednesday through Friday.

Email me if you're interested.

Thanks, Bob K.
Bob Kuykendall

https://www.facebook.com/pages/HP-24...t/200931354951