GENESIS 2 RECOMMENDATION

Old December 31st 03, 09:44 PM
Gordon Schubert

Default GENESIS 2 RECOMMENDATION

After comparing the LS3 to the Genesis it was no contest.
I bought an awesome Genesis 2. Great cockpit size and
everything else.
GORDY

Old December 31st 03, 10:47 PM
Bill Daniels

"Gordon Schubert" wrote in message
After comparing the LS3 to the Genesis it was no contest.
I bought an awesome Genesis 2. Great cockpit size and
everything else.
GORDY

Congratulations! I sure enjoyed flying one.

Bill Daniels

Old January 1st 04, 03:00 PM
JJ Sinclair

Welcome to the wonderful world of Genesis. I love my G2. Helpful hint, raise
the tail up about a foot before assembly ( I use a 5 gal. can) and remember the
wings slope forward, so the leading edge won't be in a straight line.
Enjoy,
JJ Sinclair
Old January 1st 04, 10:33 PM
JJ Sinclair

And please raise the tail when you put in on a contest grid so it
won't roll back and hit the glider behind you. It makes a great sail
with the tail down!

That is very true, after my G2 started moving under a slight wind, I found a
rock to act as a wheel chock. The wheel is right on top of the flying CG and at
the Minden regionals, I climbed in and she didn't come down on the nose wheel.
There I sat with my nose pointed at the sky.The line boy asked if that was the
way I normally took off? I said, NO, please shove my nose down. BTW, the wheel
- CG location will cause it to weather - vane into a cross wind at the end of a
landing into a cross wind. Just be ready to jump on that good hydraulic brake,
if it happens. I have seen this twice, as I rolled out at about 10 mph, she
turned her nose into the wind and opposite rudder did nothing. Same thing is
true in a H-301 Libelle. I believe it is all a matter of main wheel location in
relation to the loaded CG position.

JJ Sinclair
Old January 2nd 04, 02:40 AM
Lennie the Lurker

Gordon Schubert wrote in message ...
After comparing the LS3 to the Genesis it was no contest.
I bought an awesome Genesis 2. Great cockpit size and
everything else.
GORDY

Hmmm. Bout all I can say, Gordy. There's getting to be a lot of toys
out there that have to be put back in the box at night. Makes me glad
I won't be there to help. (I would have been uncomfortable in your
blanik, don't know how you ever flew it.)