and a new pilot/engineer is born.

Old January 15th 08, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Ron Natalie

Default and a new pilot/engineer is born.

William Hung wrote:
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/homemade-...unk-313408.php

Way to go Muhammed!

Wil

All he needs is my help in collecting his $18.2 million dollars.
Old January 15th 08, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

Well as we said about an elderly gentleman we met at an airshow with his
homemade coaxial helicopter with a Geo engine connected such that the cyclic
tilted the entire engine-drive train to obtain forward, sideways and
rearward flight. It had no collective but just used more throttle to climb
and less to descend. There were places where you could see the threads on
the ends of the water piping used to make the frame. He was actively
looking for a test pilot to try out his bird. I declined saying that while
I was fearless, I lacked the necessary qualifications to test fly his bird.
He didn't just set around talking, he built one that he learned a bunch from
and was going to learn a bunch more if he tried to fly it. We did ask him
to let us know if he was going to start it up. We had definite plans to
move our helicopters to the other end of the field if he was going to
demonstrate his bird.
Our work producing the Experimental Helo magazine has brought us in contact
with some pretty amazing devices.

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...