Placement of State Registration Stickers?

Old April 4th 09, 12:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
John[_9_]

Default Placement of State Registration Stickers?

Is there any consensus about the placement of state registration
stickers? Do you peel them off every year? Do you paste them on in
rows like fighter plane kill markings? My favorite is the owner who
carefully applies his over the old except for two edges so that after
a few years there is a multi colored border on those two edges. (His
state registration sticker changes color every year.)
Old April 5th 09, 05:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Tri-Pacer[_3_]

" Is there any consensus about the placement of state registration
stickers? Do you peel them off every year? Do you paste them on in
rows like fighter plane kill markings?

Not wanting to ruin a new paint job I attached a suction cup to a small
Plexiglas square. The sticker went on the Plexiglas and I stuck it on a side
window whenever I was parked outside where the plane could be seen.

A year or so later Washington State quit requiring a sticker and just gave
you a card to put with the FAA paperwork inside the plane.

Cheers:

Paul
N1431A
KSDM

Old April 5th 09, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Is there any consensus about the placement of state registration
stickers?

I R/R mine every year.

Regards,
Jerry
Old April 6th 09, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Paul H

On Apr 3, 6:17*pm, John wrote:
Is there any consensus about the placement of state registration
stickers? *Do you peel them off every year? *Do you paste them on in
rows like fighter plane kill markings? *My favorite is the owner who
carefully applies his over the old except for two edges so that after
a few years there is a multi colored border on those two edges. *(His
state registration sticker changes color every year.)

I refuse to put one of these on my paint job, since the plane is
normally hangared anyway - just keep the sticker with other misc
paperwork in my flight bag.
Old April 8th 09, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
B A R R Y[_2_]

John wrote:
Is there any consensus about the placement of state registration
stickers?

My state tells us exactly where it goes, under the pilots side rear
stabilizer. I'll peel it off if it's loose. If it's secure, I'll put
the new sticker over the old.
Old April 8th 09, 02:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan D[_2_]

"B A R R Y" wrote in message ...
John wrote:
Is there any consensus about the placement of state registration
stickers?

My state tells us exactly where it goes, under the pilots side rear stabilizer. I'll peel it off if it's loose. If
it's secure, I'll put the new sticker over the old.

Yup, like MI requires it on each side of the vert stab. and like you, if loose I remove or if secure I apply over the
old until it gets too thick...

Old April 11th 09, 04:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Alan Gerber

Dan D wrote:
"B A R R Y" wrote in message
John wrote:
My state tells us exactly where it goes, under the pilots side rear
stabilizer. I'll peel it off if it's loose. If
it's secure, I'll put the new sticker over the old.

Yup, like MI requires it on each side of the vert stab. and like you, if
loose I remove or if secure I apply over the
old until it gets too thick...

How many layers of stickers does it take before you have to recalculate
the weight & balance for the aircraft?

.... Alan
--
Alan Gerber